Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need to configure Coppermine for multiple product images.  (Read 2347 times)

dataicu

• Coppermine newbie
Need to configure Coppermine for multiple product images.
« on: March 11, 2014, 04:57:53 pm »

We are updating a 12-year-old website from ImageFolio and want to use Coppermine instead. The old image gallery is located at http://blackstonecarpets.com/rugshop/imageFolio.cgi. In this installation, our gallery names are rug sizes.  The thumbnail of a given rug within those galleries clicks on to a larger image with links to view four different views of the rug's corners and centers.  To accomplish this, we have a process to replace ImageFolio's indexing with our own that provides the icons and links for the other four views.

The new installation is under construction at http://blackstonecarpets.net/accucolor/index.php

My hope was to use Coppermine to create a similar functionality with the film strip below the image showing all five views of the selected rug.  The only way I can see to do this out of the box is to create an album for each rug.  That's not a practical way to go since we would end up with over 2,000 galleries with just one rug in each.

I'm hoping that someone has already adapted Coppermine to show albums of product categories, then showing multiple images of the same product.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can shed light on how this can be accomplished.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Need to configure Coppermine for multiple product images.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 05:09:45 pm »

Instead of using/modifying the film strip, you should create some custom code to display the other views for a rug. If you e.g. use unique keywords for each rug that should be a quite simple mod.

Alternatively I created a "group pictures" plugin for cpg1.4.x some time ago. Maybe this can be used as-is or as base, but I still haven't checked if it works with cpg1.5.x out of the box: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,73957.0.html

dataicu

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Need to configure Coppermine for multiple product images.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 03:20:57 pm »

Thanks for the input.

I looked into this and some other solutions and have decided to use Ubercart without the ecommerce.  Not only will it allow for multiple product photos, it will also allow me to upload with a csv file so I don't have to create 2,000+ product nodes by hand.

I still love the Coppermine Gallery for what it is and I know I'll find a perfect spot for it in a future project.

I don't see an option on my end to close this issue...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.