Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Make users go directly to a category.  (Read 2870 times)

fersauce

• Coppermine novice
Make users go directly to a category.
« on: February 23, 2014, 09:59:49 am »

All users of my gallery are assigned a category, and I would spare them the job of sifting through all categories. It would be a good idea to do that after registering, directly entering its own category.
Can you help me?

Thanks a lot

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
Re: Make users go directly to a category.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 02:40:05 pm »

I assume you mean after logging in (on each visit) - and not just after registering (once)...
CPG already does a redirect to new page after login - so adjusting that is rather simple in login.php - just need to know what cat number to direct them to... (at 1.5.26 - line 58 sets the redirect page after login.)

My questions would be:
  • How you determine what category a user is 'assigned' to? Is it a category they are allowed to upload to?
  • Could they be 'assigned' to more than one category? I would think at least some users (like admin) would - and how would you select between the possible categories?
  • Do you want this to 'override' a requested referrer?  or only if none/login.php is specified?
    (for example, if you attempt to go to admin.php but are not logged in - you are redirected to login - and will be returned to admin.php after successful login. Do you want to change that?  Or only if the user clicked on 'Login' or was directed there from index.php?)

Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.