Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't set thumbnail for category or album  (Read 4284 times)

flapane

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Flavio's page
Can't set thumbnail for category or album
« on: February 11, 2014, 06:39:20 pm »

Hi,
I've just discovered that I can't set album or category thumbnails anymore.
The existing albums just retain the old thumbnails I set in the past, no matter which new photo I set as new thumbnail.
The newly created albums (ie. in the gallery click on "Viaggi in Europa", then on "Celtic Lands") use the last uploaded photo as thumbnail, and there is no way to change this behaviour.
Latest cpg here. Gallery link in the signature.
Also, it seems that I can't modify albums' or categories' descriptions anymore.
I haven't uploaded any new photos before the last cpg version upgrade but "Celtic Lands" album.
If it's needed, I can enable debug mode.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 06:45:33 pm by flapane »

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Can't set thumbnail for category or album
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 09:50:40 am »

Works as expected in my gallery. Please replace all Coppermine core files with clean copies from the cpg1.5.26 package and try again.

flapane

• Contributor
    • Flavio's page
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 01:04:51 pm »

Hi,
I've re-followed the usual guide ( http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/upgrading.htm ). Also, I didn't upload foreign languagages in "docs" folder, and the plugins from "plugins" folder, because I never used them.

The "verify version" feature confirms that all the files comes from release 1.5.26, even if every file shows the "modified" icon (I wonder if it's due to the FTP transfer process).

It seems that it somewhat fixed the issue, although I'm not sure that the problems are gone.
In fact, when you edit the description or the thumbnail of a file/album/category, you won't see it until you hit the refresh button. In the same way, when you try to modify the description or the thumbnail for a second time, you have to hit the refresh button, or you won't see the edits you have done the previous time (ie. the description textfield will be empty).

It almost looks like there's a caching system enabled but, as we know, there's no caching plugin in cpg, nor I or my hosting have enabled such feature on the server.

I've never experienced such issue before.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 01:34:20 pm »

It's probably a browser related cache setting.

flapane

• Contributor
    • Flavio's page
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 04:32:42 pm »

I didn't change any FF settings in the last months but, just to be sure, I've tried with IE10: same result.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 06:56:11 pm »

Please a test user account (no admin account!) which can create albums and edit its meta data.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 09:15:58 am »

Please try if it works as expected when you disable the plugin engine. Additionally, please check if it works with default themes like curve or water_drop.

flapane

• Contributor
    • Flavio's page
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 07:20:55 pm »

That's interesting: I did both things, but nothing changed.

I disabled plugin engine, however the pages still need to be refreshed before seeing any change

I downloaded and enabled curve_purple 2.0 theme, disabled footer.php and header.php integration (settings->themes). Still the pages need to be refreshed.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 09:16:26 am »

I'll perform some further tests at your gallery and have a closer look later. In the meantime, please test with the default theme "water_drop", as it uses all functions from include/themes.inc.php.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 10:18:07 am »

As expected, it's some kind of cache issue, obviously. I just updated the test album in your gallery a few times and used Firebug's network to see what's going on. It doesn't even try to load anything from your server, if I open pages I already visited (see attached screen shot "firebug_network.png").

If I force firebug to disable the browser cache, it loads cached content from your server (see screen shot "firebug_network_cache.png"). I don't know if this is added by my corporate proxy, but as it doesn't happen in other galleries, you should again ask your hosting provider to have a look at that issue. The cache is definitely not introduced by Coppermine, as such a functionality doesn't exist and it also happens on other pages on your web site (feel free to test yourself with Firebug).

flapane

• Contributor
    • Flavio's page
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 05:30:38 pm »

Thank you so much André.
I've been told that there has been a recent update concerning the default expire headers of html files. Now the expire headers for such files have been removed (while still keeping the usual cachetimes for images, js and stylesheets in the .htaccess file).
Once again, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.