Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dead category links. No re-direct.  (Read 2759 times)

adnet

• Coppermine newbie
Dead category links. No re-direct.
« on: February 08, 2014, 07:00:34 pm »

Hello,

I was having trouble with my gallery. Randomly, the category links do not re-direct to the albums. You can click the link and the page will refresh, as though it's taking you to the new page, but the page does not change. I upgraded to the latest version of coppermine to try and correct the problem and it did not work. I've even tried different themes but the problem still occurs. If you click on a thumbnail on the main page, the picture will show but all of the category links appear dead?! I hadn't changed anything prior to the problems occurring. I just went back onto my gallery to check as I'd had some complaints that it wasn't working properly. My host is running the latest version of PHP I believe. I do not see any other errors on my site.

My website: www.aleshadixon.net/photos
Username: cpgtest Password: testaccount2014

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Dead category links. No re-direct.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 08:11:42 pm »

Please run update.php and then check in your config that the URL of your gallery is correct as per here - http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/configuration.htm#admin_general_coppermine-url

If that fails, re-upload all of the coppermine files again as one may have become corrupt.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

adnet

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 09:26:57 pm »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I ran update.php and all seemed ok. I did a version check and it's come back that index.php and albums/index.php are corrupt. I've re-uploaded the current files that I had downloaded from the coppermine site and now my page re-directs to a page not meant for viewing. *attached image* The URL of the page is htttp://aleshadixon.net/photos and it makes no difference if I add www. to the URL. However, if I type in the page extension for the admin.php it will take me back to the admin panel. I've also attached an image of my admin panel showing my page URL. I think this is what you said I should check?!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 02:09:14 pm »

I've re-uploaded the current files that I had downloaded from the coppermine site and now my page re-directs to a page not meant for viewing. *attached image*
Please be careful which files you upload, as you obviously uploaded albums/edit/index.php to your gallery root. Please replace it with the corresponding file from the Coppermine package.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.