Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ditto albums  (Read 2051 times)

st0rmchaser

• Coppermine newbie
ditto albums
« on: February 01, 2014, 08:26:36 am »

I created a category called  "air"  Then I created a album inside this called "air show"   The air show pics are showing up in both the air  and the air show.  Can this be fixed?  I may of messed up.  It is starting to look good except for my header pic.  Although that could just be a matter of my preference.  In case you need to see this I included the link.

http://newbies-pc.com/images/index.php

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
Re: ditto albums
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 12:44:01 pm »

Thank you for the link.. It helps.

Your current structure appears to be:
Cat: Air
    Album: Air
    Album: Air show
    Cat: Air Show
Guessing you want the Air show album under the Air Show category?  If so, go to album properties for Air show and change its category...

When you view a parent category, the random and last added pics will be from all categories/albums under it... As you move lower, the scope narrows - until you are looking at a single album.

Not knowing what else you have to add... (and there is no right/wrong - just preference..) I might suggest a structure like:
Cat: Aviation
  Cat: Air Shows
     Album: Thunder Over Michigan
     etc.....
  Cat: General Aviation
     etc...

Of course Air Shows could just be an album if you want all airshows together... Or Thunder Over Michigan could be a category if you wanted albums by year...

A lot of flexibility..
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

st0rmchaser

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 06:13:43 pm »

Thank you for your advice which was well received.  What I was after was having a category called air and in this was everything from balloons to airplanes clouds sunsets etc in their own album.  I Like your structure for set up because it is more to the point and everyone will know exactly what is in the album.  I have two folders for two and a half years of airshows which total over 25gb of pics.  I think I will start over and use your method because it just sounds better structure wise and visitors should have no problem finding what they need.   No I wont be putting all of those pics up but I have some nice shots in air and on the ground which will look good in Coppermine.  Thank you for your time and support.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 01:35:04 pm »

Sounds that this thread is solved? If so, please mark it accordingly. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.