Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: issues with transparent background for PNG and/or GIF files  (Read 23693 times)

brynn

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Inkscape Commmunity
Re: issues with transparent background for PNG and/or GIF files
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2014, 09:12:32 am »

It was Image Magick.  After confirming it was available, I switched to GD2.  That seems to have solved the problem!  http://inkscapecommunity.com/ic_gallery/thumbnails.php?album=32  Will there be any consequences to switching that resizing method, that I should know about?  Do you still need a test member account?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2014, 09:56:19 am »

There should not be any problem remaining with GD2 although some plugins work better with Imagemagic. The latter actually has more functionality than GD2 so it would be interesting to know why this particular problem arises.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2014, 10:32:15 am »

Transparent background issue for PNG files has been fixed here. I'm sure there's an option for ImageMagick that does the same.

As this thread is solved, we should start a new thread in the bugs board, if anyone can reproduce the issue.

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2014, 06:03:20 pm »

Transparent background issue for PNG files has been fixed here. I'm sure there's an option for ImageMagick that does the same.

I don't know what you mean about ImageMagick option that does the same thing.  But maybe you didn't mean that comment for me?

Yes, I'll mark it solved.

I can probably produce another image which shows this same problem, if that comes under the heading of "reproduce the issue".  Although perhaps you would prefer that it comes from someone else?

I don't think I should be the one to start a topic on the bugs board, but I'd be glad to provide another image, if you like.  Let me know   :)

And thank you very much for your patience and persistence in helping me find a solution to this problem.  I really appreciate it  :)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2014, 09:25:52 am »

maybe you didn't mean that comment for me?
Correct ;)

I've currently no ImageMagick ready to test, so I asked if someone else can confirm the issue while using ImageMagick.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2014, 11:16:55 am »

I can confirm the problem with Imagemagic. I can setup a test install on our server if you wish Andre.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2014, 11:36:43 am »

I just downloaded ImageMagick to my local testbed and confirmed the issue with the custom thumbnail plugin. As it's a plugin related issue, we don't need a thread in the bugs board.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2014, 12:02:23 pm »

It seems that ImageMagick automatically considers the alpha channel if you create a PNG file. This worked for me immediately:

Open plugins/custom_thumb/codebase.php, find
Code: [Select]
$row['filename'] = str_replace($row['filename'], basename($row['filename'], '.'.$path_parts['extension']).'.jpg', $row['filename']);and replace with
Code: [Select]
$row['filename'] = basename($row['filename'], '.'.$path_parts['extension']).'.png';

I just noticed that the custom thumbnail plugin doesn't check if it will overwrite existing files. E.g. if there are already pictures like cat.jpg and cat.png and you now apply a custom thumbnail to cat.avi, the plugin will (probably) overwrite the existing thumbnail pictures. But that's another issue which shouldn't be discussed here.

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2014, 05:05:56 pm »

Does this mean if I edit the code as you explained, I could go back to using ImageMagick?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2014, 05:06:40 pm »

At least it worked for me with ImageMagick and that code change. Please report if it also works for you.

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2014, 10:21:54 am »

Unless anyone has an objection, I'll be deleting all the extra images and albums I created in my gallery, during this troubleshooting process.  I realize that might make it difficult for anyone who may search out this topic to help with their own problem.  And so I apologize that many of the links I made to my results, along the way, will be dead.  But this isn't a test gallery, it's my forum's gallery.

Also, thanks again for Phill's and Andre's help, and everyone else who helped along the way :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.