Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible to detect if the current page is the home page, cat=0 within theme.php?  (Read 6626 times)

tenacjed

• Coppermine novice
    • Waggoner Photography

My site: http://www.waggonerphotography.com/gallery2/index.php?cat=0
running latest 1.5.26

Hopefully this will be my last question for a while!

I tried to implement this update from another post:  http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,73525.msg354381.html#msg354381 (reply 7 if it does not go right to it).  My main page has a lot of categories, with sub categories then albums.  I like the multi column look for categories that I found in a different post, but when the categories are nested multiple times, it looks confusing.  The above post works by setting the top category by itself in a row, then sub categories in a table of 3.  My site is currently running a table of 2, which is what I prefer and had set.  The above link works perfectly on the main page, however things break when you go to a category that only has categories with no sub categories, or just albums, which the original poster in the above thread found as well.

I was thinking that a good resolution would be a if else statement.  If statement would look for theme.php?cat=0, then run the code in the above link.  The else would have the current code that I already have running.  This would give the home page the look that I am looking for, and then when going into category pages they would not be broke and would still look proper as well.

I really hope this makes sense.  I currently do not have the code above running to show examples, but I can go through and enable it again if needed.   If it is possible, I just need to know what the initial If statement should be, I can hack my way through the rest of it  :).  I can post the final code for others once it is all worked out.

Thank You,

John W

What a long... strange trip it's been!!!

tenacjed

• Coppermine novice
    • Waggoner Photography

This is the post to the code that is currently running to setup 2 columns for categories.   http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,70393.msg344642.html#msg344642

tenacjed

• Coppermine novice
    • Waggoner Photography

Gallery: www.waggonerphotography.com/gallery2
So I implemented the code again from the first post to set top level category on its own row, but it is no working like I thought.  On most categories it does work, but there are some like Insects on the main page that does not sit in its own row.

Thinking about this some more and I realized that every category that has no albums I would like to be a single row starting on the left,  in the 2 column category listing.  Is it possible to check to see if the category is empty of albums, ignoring sub categories?  This would be ideal, then the category would start a new row in the column and have nothing else listed in the 2 column listing.

So if we look here http://www.waggonerphotography.com/gallery2/index.php?cat=61
2013, 2012, and 2010 categories look good, but 2011, 2009, 2008, and 2007 are not in their own row like I would like.

Looking at the main gallery listing, Trips would be a single row on the left, but so would 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, and 2007.  Then the sub categories to all of those would be listed as 2 columns nested under it's parent category.

And this is where the current code breaks: http://www.waggonerphotography.com/gallery2/index.php?cat=21
There are only 3 categories with no sub categories, and the view is no longer correct, should still be 2 columns.

tenacjed

• Coppermine novice
    • Waggoner Photography

I am sorry if I am not being clear, my head is starting to spin from staring at code!  I am very good with vbscript, and a little of powershell, vb6, and vb.net.  Then things go downhill with web coding, and I know nothing about PHP!

tenacjed

• Coppermine novice
    • Waggoner Photography

I reverted back to the original 2 column category layout I was running previously since it does not have an issue listing single nested categories.   Let me know if I should close this thread and start a new one, I may have caused some confusion!

So my question is... is it possible to have any category that does not contain an album be in its own row within the 2 column category listing.  Looking at my main gallery listing, I am looking for this:

Trips
Pantanal, Brazil                    Michigan
Utah                                    East Coast
Arizona                                Michigan
Puerto Rico
Florida                                 Europe
Alaska
Yellowstone National Park      Arizona
Michigan
Michigan                               Grand Teton National Park
Yellowstone National Park   
Kenya, Africa

tenacjed

• Coppermine novice
    • Waggoner Photography

Marking as resolved due to having a new and different question as the original post.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

Without reading all posts or testing, the solution should be something like
Code: [Select]
$superCage = Inspekt::makeSuperCage();
if ($superCage->get->keyExists('cat') && $superCage->get->getInt('cat') > 0)) {
    // do something
} else {
    // do something else
}

tenacjed

• Coppermine novice
    • Waggoner Photography

Thank you!  I will give it a test over the weekend and report back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.