Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine - Your browser did not accept our cookie  (Read 10728 times)

fabio60

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine - Your browser did not accept our cookie
« on: December 14, 2013, 12:31:59 pm »

Hi,

trying to install coppermine 1.5.20 getting the error attached.

Same time on server and my PC (changing the timezone of my PC).

The server is running:
PHP 5.4.22
MySQL 5.1.70-ch
Apache 2.2.26

Already tried on different browser all accepting cookies.

Thanks for your support!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Coppermine - Your browser did not accept our cookie
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 01:31:20 pm »

Please download a fresh copy of CPG1.5.24 and see how that goes. I assume you are saying you are getting the same error in all browsers?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

fabio60

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 02:46:44 pm »

I already did. Same error!

Yes, I am getting the same error in all browsers.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 11:37:22 am »

Actually we have 2 issues here:
1. Your server prints warning messages which aren't errors and won't affect Coppermine's functionality. Either just ignore them or disable them.
2. The message says "cookies are recommended". I haven't checked if they're just recommended or required. Did you tried to proceed installing Coppermine?

fabio60

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 12:13:46 pm »

1. Yes, I ignore them.

2. I did a full installation, successfuly, but I could'nt login!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 12:18:29 pm »

Please post a link to your gallery.

As haven't trouble installing Coppermine, I'll move the topic accordingly.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 01:54:18 pm »

It doesn't look installed at the path given in your image above. Try installing with this link - http://www.clubandromeda.ch/gallery/install_classic.php

fabio60

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 05:19:56 pm »

I did a reinstall of CPG 1.5.24.

http://www.clubandromeda.ch/gallery/index.php

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 09:07:25 am »

Indeed your gallery doesn't create cookies for some reason. I doubt that this is related to the "Strict Standard" warning messages, but I'm not 100% certain. To make sure, please adjust your PHP error_reporting level:
To fix this problem in php version 5.3 and later, use these settings in php.ini:
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT

The "Strict Standard" issue has already been fixed in the development branch of cpg1.5.x, in case you cannot adjust PHP settings.

fabio60

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 12:07:44 pm »

Where do i get the development branch of cpg1.5.x ?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

fabio60

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2013, 05:03:42 pm »

development branch installed, works like charm!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2013, 05:11:05 pm »

Please
tag your thread as "solved" by clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.

CWVRV

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 04:19:34 am »

Solved for fabio perhaps but not for me.  Exact same problem except when it go to the "checkout" or "download" as the rest of the world calls it... He said, "I got it... "  Well, I didn't.  I see a white page with a long list of files down the left side when I enter the tree trunk link or whatever it is and no idea what or how this is supposed to "work like a charm".   

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2013, 01:34:31 pm »

Solved for fabio perhaps but not for me.
No thread-hijacking
If someone has started a thread, describing his/her issues in detail and asking for support, it's not a bright idea to hijack this thread and reply there, asking for support on your issues. When in doubt, start a thread of your own for your individual issues.

when it go to the "checkout" or "download" as the rest of the world calls it... He said, "I got it... "  Well, I didn't.  I see a white page with a long list of files down the left side when I enter the tree trunk link or whatever it is and no idea what or how this is supposed to "work like a charm".   
Please review our docs how to checkout from our SVN repository, if you want to use a development release. If not, please wait for the release of cpg1.5.26. However, as you haven't posted any details, don't expect that your issue is solved with a Coppermine update. Instead, you probably want to start a new thread where we can try to help you with your issue.

CWVRV

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Coppermine - Your browser did not accept our cookie
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 11:10:36 pm »

Please review our docs how to checkout from our SVN repository, if you want to use a development release. If not, please wait for the release of cpg1.5.26. However, as you haven't posted any details, don't expect that your issue is solved with a Coppermine update. Instead, you probably want to start a new thread where we can try to help you with your issue.

No thread hijacking?  What was that quote for?  I'm not asking about a new, unrelated problem.  I actually took the time and searched and found this relevant one, like you're supposed to.   What would have happened if I asked the same question as a new topic?  I would have been told to search for the answer because it's already here.  Which is what I did, so the reference to "hijacking" is not only irrelevant, it's an insult.

And as I stated, the problem is exactly...  exactly the same.  So you already have the details, including a screen shot of it from the original poster so, I think the new release WILL solve the problem, I just saw that there was a way to get it from the SVN repository.  Only problem is, the docs, like the repository, are so lengthy and thick with coder's jargon, it's extremely difficult for the average end user to make any sense of.

Help?  Self-help.  Firgure it out for yourself.  Thanks, I will. 

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Re: Coppermine - Your browser did not accept our cookie
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2013, 01:00:23 pm »

You have 2 possibilites:
1. Wait for the release of cpg1.5.26
2. Use the development release

Only problem is, the docs, like the repository, are so lengthy and thick with coder's jargon, it's extremely difficult for the average end user to make any sense of.
Actually it's probably easier than you think. Just install an SVN client like TortoiseSVN, create a new folder on your disk, right click on it, select "SVN Checkout" and use this URL as repository.

Regarding the thread hijacking I obviously copied too much from the board rules, sorry for that. In our board we usually solve individual issues per thread. As the issue has already been solved for the thread starter, this thread has been marked accordingly. Even for the same issue, we'd like to see that other users start new threads if existing threads don't address their issue. Hopefully my above short description helps you to download the development release.

CWVRV

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 07:14:05 pm »

Thank you for your guidance and your understanding and decorum.  I apologize for being so gruff in my response.  It appeared that admin replies now were going to be the same as they were 7 years ago when CMG forum was moderated by two, very aggressive and degrading individuals, which was the reason I, and many others, dropped coppermine completely.  We liked the program, but trying to get support was like asking to be publicly whipped if you were not well versed in coding.

Again, I apologize for the sharp tongue and look forward to using Coppermine on my forum once again!

blessingo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 09:50:32 pm »

i dont understand a thing of this. is there someone who can do it for me? please?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 11:04:43 pm »

Thank you for your guidance and your understanding and decorum.  I apologize for being so gruff in my response.  It appeared that admin replies now were going to be the same as they were 7 years ago when CMG forum was moderated by two, very aggressive and degrading individuals, which was the reason I, and many others, dropped coppermine completely.  We liked the program, but trying to get support was like asking to be publicly whipped if you were not well versed in coding.

Again, I apologize for the sharp tongue and look forward to using Coppermine on my forum once again!

We fully understand. It is a real shame though that the team from back then are no longer around. They may have been abrupt at times but when you look back at how much effort they put in helping people it is easy to understand why some responses came across as abrupt. It was never meant to be aggressive or degrading, just honest and to the point.

We now try to be as polite as possible but sometimes it is quicker to just link to another thread or rules. We hope you understand that we are all really busy so we have to make every minute of coppermine time count as best we can. Sometimes our users do not get the time they deserve but being such a small team of volunteers it is sometimes difficult. Hope you understand and we are glad to see the back on the forums.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.