Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: strange browser problem with coppermine  (Read 2350 times)

jaus

• Coppermine regular visitor
strange browser problem with coppermine
« on: December 05, 2013, 01:27:55 pm »

I have recently found that Internet Explorer 10, on my main computer is becoming confused by CPG searches.

I can browse galleries normally, but when I do a search, the initial search page appears normal, but when you try to open an image you get "Error - the selected album/category does not exist'.   Even stranger, when you select a page to jump to , or try to return to the image index from an image view,  CPG returns "No results for image search -sheep" .   Always 'sheep'.  It has in the past returned sheep photos, if sheep photos are in the database, but now only returns that "No results" line even if sheep photos are in the database.

This only happens with IE10 on one computer.   If I switch to Firefox on that same machine searches act normally.  If I use IE8 on my older machine all is normal.   If I use IE10 on my laptop all is normal.

I compared the URL's that appear in the affected browser with those of an identical search in the unaffected browsers and they are identical, but the displayed results are not.

I have tried deleting all of my browser history for IE10 on the affected computer, and reloading the pages in the browser, but that doesn't change anything.

What could be causing this?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: strange browser problem with coppermine
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 02:49:24 pm »

Hit the "reset" button in IE>Tools>Internet Options>Advanced and if that doesn't work try ccleaner using both the standard ccleaner window and then the registry window. If none of that works then we really cannot help you as it is something we cannot replicate in any way.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

jaus

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 10:00:05 pm »

Reset worked, thanks.   I'm curious to know what caused the glitch.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 11:33:05 am »

Coppermine stores your search criteria in a cookie for all pages except the first page. This means that something was wrong with your IE cookies or cookie settings.

jaus

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 01:01:35 pm »

Cookies was my first thought, but I deleted all cookies as the first thing I tried to remedy the problem and it didn't help.  There must be something else involved.

Actually I have also encountered this problem on my laptop as well.   I have Windows 8 with an IE icon pinned to the task bar, and an IE app on the start page.   The problem occurred when I searched my gallery through the app version of IE, but not through the desktop version (both are IE10).   I'm really not sure how the two versions are related in terms of settings, cookies, etc.  I have not been able to reproduce this just now however.  Strange.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.