Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: missing items from FTP  (Read 3230 times)

jtintner

• Coppermine newbie
missing items from FTP
« on: November 21, 2013, 05:23:13 pm »

It seems that on the FTP that some of Alec's photos were not there or available for me to grab.
For example
http://usmilitarypatches.joshtintner.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=698#top_display_media

That is showing the dummy thumbnail indicating I don't have the image. Now If I take the URL everything past the .com and append it to USMP site.
http://usmilitarypatches.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=698#top_display_media

I can see what the image is supposed to look like.  I go to view source and see what the image that is being referenced
I'm new here so sorry for this if its trivial.

I'm working with a new client that is wanting to transfer hosting services over to me.  He has over 20K pictures in his gallery which can be viewed here
SITE 1http://usmilitarypatches.com/gallery

I have sucesfully imported the database on my server and I can view the gallery on my domain on my server so I know the import process worked.
Here is the development sever I have set up
SITE 2 http://usmilitarypatches.joshtintner.com/gallery

Once you are in the gallery you will see the "random section" at the bottom (ON PRODUCTION) SITE 1. if I inspect each element on the production site as it exists today I can see the location of each of the thumbnails.  1) I assume these files are created when someone adds a new asset to an album?

The current hosting provider is telling me that all they did was give me FTP access to the server yet I don't even see the missing files that are being referenced.
Please see screenshot attached.
USMP1 is showing that SITE 1 Or Productions image but when I look inside the FTP access they gave me no where do I even see 60-118.jpg in the folder.  They are claiming the FTP access they gave me houses all the files that are actually on Production.  Yet the item was created on my site SITE 2  which I can navigate to but no image is being shown reason.  I find it hard to believe the current firm when they tell me "There has to be something in the programming of Copper Mine that's redirecting the images to a different folder location"  I did a search of ALL the FTP files they gave me looking for that file name on my PC and no where do I see that in any folder.

How would files just "disappear like that"

I'm in need of help in understanding.  I followed exactly the steps needed to move from one server to another on this site.  It just seems odd to me that some of the files worked and others did not.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: missing items from FTP
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 06:09:25 pm »

Please first check the coppermine path in the config - http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/configuration.htm#admin_general_coppermine-url

That step is important. Once done run update.php
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

jtintner

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 06:13:24 pm »

You mean the config file in the includes file? I'm very new to coppermine but I just cant figure out why some are working and others are not.  I have it set up in the same fashion SOMEURL/gallery /gallery being the same on the dev site as production.

I don't see where I would change any settings to point to a different local

jtintner

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 06:16:40 pm »

Okay I see a LARGE config section sorry, I'm not real keen on Coppermine so I applogize let me try this and get back to you!  thanks

jtintner

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 06:23:32 pm »

so I can't edit old posts!

Anyhow, I did as you said I changed the settings in the config section to point to MY domain rather than the production one.  Updated the database but it still appears I'm having some funkyness around the thumbnaills.

I did see an option to update thumbnails

Files > Admin Tools > Update Thumbs or resized photos.  There a ton of options there and given the fact this site has over 20K photos this will take an extreamly long time to run, of which I don't know if that is the solution to get these thumbnails to show. 
Ultimately I will have the production domain, so I'm not sure If im going down a rabbit hole to make this development environment to work or what I need to do :( 

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 03:45:31 pm »

Have you already checked that the target file really exists at your moved gallery? If I try to access http://usmilitarypatches.joshtintner.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/60-118.jpg I get an error message. Either the file doesn't exist or the permissions aren't correct for public access.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 03:50:50 pm by Αndré »

jtintner

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 03:52:04 pm »

I guess I should have chimed back in here... a LOT of digging into this, I actually found out that since the production site has well over 20K in assets the FTP via the hosting provider capped me at 10K items per folder which is why Im actually missing files.

I'm not sure how to actually close this issue as its a non issue all together :(

I'm actually in the process now of moving away from the firm and putting this all together on a go-daddy server but this is going to take a little while to do.

Thanks for following back up Andre'

P.S did you just register BTW?  I got an email just a few minutes before you posted this reply, just checking if you had tried to do that

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 04:01:49 pm »

No, I haven't registered myself in your gallery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.