Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Also need help bridging coppermine with simplemachinesforum  (Read 7126 times)

boris12345

• Coppermine newbie
Also need help bridging coppermine with simplemachinesforum
« on: November 19, 2013, 05:58:46 pm »

Hi,

I just figured maybe I should open a new thread since the one I originally posted my problem was already closed... I found that thread searching for a solution for what might be the same issue. I suppose it could be a problem of understanding, but I just can’t figure it out, no matter how often I go through this discussion and the bridging manual… I hope someone can help me out.

I am trying to bridge my new coppermine gallery to my existing simplemachines forum (v2.0.4). I suppose if successful, the useres of the forum can login to the new gallery with their same login-data (since gallery would use the smf-user-db) or even be allready loged in the gallery if they are loged in the forum and access gallery (using cookies).

But when I try to login at the gallery it sends me straigt tot he login of the forum, no matter if I am allready loged in there. If I login at the forum again, I end up in the forum. If I switch backt tot he gallery, I am still not logged in. Loop. Erasing cookies while logged out of both does not change anything.

After going through the bridge wizard and hitting the „finish“-button is no confimation of success nor fail, the „finish“ and „back“ buttons just disappear and the „start bridging wizard“ button is back, still showing „Your bridge settings“. Maybe this is how it should be, but seems a bit odd.

My Setup looks like this:
Forum path: domain.com/forum
Gallery path: domain.com/gallery

My bridge settings
Relative path to your bridge app's config file:          ../gallery/
Use bridge app custom groups?:             0
Enable integration/bridging with Simple Machines (SMF) 2.x   disable

PS: I would really not feel comfortable posting a public link to my forum and a user login. Anyone interested in helping will of course be provided via private message. Hope you understand...

Thanks for reading, and if someone has an idea what I am not getting, also thanks for any hint to the right direction…
Boris

boris12345

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Also need help bridging coppermine with simplemachinesforum
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 08:51:44 am »

Addition: I was hinted to one error in my description:

Relative path to your bridge app's config file: "../forum/"

and not as I posted originally "../forum/"

(... I got confused wit all the settings I tried so far...)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 11:38:15 am »

PS: I would really not feel comfortable posting a public link to my forum and a user login. Anyone interested in helping will of course be provided via private message. Hope you understand...
PM sent.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 04:52:23 pm »

I just got your PM with 2 different domains for the gallery and the board. Please read the docs, as it's not possible to bridge in that case: http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/bridging.htm#integrating_cookie_start

boris12345

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 09:15:29 am »

Hi Andre,

thanks for checking and now I understand where my problem is. And sorry for bothering in the first place, I could have known it by reading the documentation... I thought with the data being on one webspace it is all about the relative path, which works fine. I don't know anything about how cookies work, so there I have a new mission ;-)

I think now I know I the setup needs to be and I should be able to figure it out somehow...

Thanks again for helping!
Boris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.