Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rename the group "Administrators" and "Registered"?  (Read 2832 times)

ewise

• Coppermine newbie
Rename the group "Administrators" and "Registered"?
« on: November 17, 2013, 11:31:19 pm »

Hello,

I can not rename the group "Administrators" and "Registered"? I am not able to rename.

Thanks.

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
Re: Rename the group "Administrators" and "Registered"?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 03:58:44 am »

What error message are you receiving?
Renaming these groups is possible, but not recommended in the doc/help.
Group Names
Out of the box there are four groups in Coppermine. You can rename them just as well as you can rename custom groups, but it's recommended to leave them they way they are by default. This will make upgrades easier and help you administer and maintain your gallery. End users usually don't see the name of the group they are in, so you don't have to provide other group names.
However, if you choose to rename a group, just change the name and submit the group control panel form by clicking on "Apply modifications"

A link to your gallery is requested with a request for help...

Greg
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

ewise

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 02:27:00 pm »

I changed the name, but it does not save.
Some permission problem?

Thanks you so much.

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 06:08:21 pm »

Well... its a simple SQL UPDATE statement to a core Coppermine table... I wouldn't expect you to be able to do any admin tasks if that weren't allowed.
Do you have debug mode on? See http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/errors.htm#errors_debug_mode_config
I would suggest 'for admin only' option...
Once you Apply the change - 'show' the debug output at the bottom of page - and scroll...
You should see an UPDATE command for each group - including the one(s) you changed in the Queries array.. Likely around entry 20...
Like:
Code: [Select]
[21] => UPDATE cpg_usergroups SET group_name='Registeredtest2',group_quota='1024',can_rate_pictures='1',can_send_ecards='1',can_post_comments='1',can_upload_pictures='1',pub_upl_need_approval='1',can_create_albums='1',priv_upl_need_approval='0',access_level='3' WHERE group_id = '2' LIMIT 1 [groupmgr.php:252] (0 ms)
If this isn't there - are you clicking 'Apply Changes' at the bottom of the groupmgr page to submit your changes?
If the SQL failed - I'd expect you would have gotten the Coppermine 'Critical Error' message.

Greg
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 12:27:22 am by Jeff Bailey »
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 19 queries.