Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Images not showing but are there.  (Read 2296 times)

haters

• Coppermine novice
Images not showing but are there.
« on: October 29, 2013, 02:30:09 pm »

Hiya

I recently changed some settings in my gallery, but not sure what and why it would cause my issue.

In a lot of my albums when I go into them (home > category > category > album > image) it shows the thumbnail when you enter the album, but when you click a photo it takes you to the photo viewer, but shows the rubbish bin icon, the only way I can view the photo is to click the rubbish bin and it opens it in another pop-up window.

I've never had this issue before, and I'm not sure what and how many albums have this issue, I really hope that it's not something major that will just ruin my gallery.

I'm after getting it to show thumbnails in the album, when you click a photo it shows a smaller version, and then when you click the photo it opens the full size in a pop-up. Please help

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Images not showing but are there.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 02:31:23 pm »

Can we have a link to an affected image please.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

André Müller

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 03:48:00 pm »

I'm just guessing, but that sounds like you changed the setting for the intermediate pictures. Try unticking the box "create intermediate size pictures" or / and rebuild the intermediates in the admin tools.

haters

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 04:53:32 pm »

I'm just guessing, but that sounds like you changed the setting for the intermediate pictures. Try unticking the box "create intermediate size pictures" or / and rebuild the intermediates in the admin tools.
Can we have a link to an affected image please.

What André said works, for the most part. I'd like to have an intermediate picture that when you click opens the full size up. How would I go about getting that to work and not having a rubbish bin icon?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 07:16:11 pm »

Normally you would use admin tools to re-generate the thumbs/intermediate. But we do need the link so we can see what images actually exist.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 01:15:21 pm »

Please read the docs of this and the following settings to get an idea how you need to setup your gallery: http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/configuration.htm#admin_picture_thumbnail_intermediate_toggle
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.