Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help upgrading/using Coppermine  (Read 5632 times)

dumb1

• Coppermine newbie
Help upgrading/using Coppermine
« on: October 25, 2013, 12:40:45 am »

Hello everyone,

please bear with me as I'm not very good with ftp and doing things on the web, I'm a total noob really I guess but need to learn the basics. I have a extremely basic website that I use Coppermine 1.4.10 for a photo gallery, I used coppermine in the first place just because the hosting company already had it loaded as one of the programs I could use.

I have been extremely lazy and not done anything with the site for years (hey it always worked lol) and had lost interest, but would now like to renew the site and start being more active with it and learning to manage it correctly and just looking after it. I'm not sure if I should upgrade to the current coppermine and continue to use it or just try to use a flickr account somehow showing my galleries on my site or just a hotlink to my flickr gallery.

I know one will be simpler for me with my limited (ok pretty much zero at this point) knowledge of all things web/ftp/coppermine but I can't help but feel I liked the way coppermine gallery looked/worked before and feel it would look more professional to have my own galleries rather than just linking to a free image site.

The old version on my site has issues (not surprising) and a error code coming up and none of the images show anymore (most likely a different problem or security etc) so if I want to continue using coppermine how is the best way to upgrade or load the newest version or where is best to read/learn about how to do so keeping in mind I have very little understanding..so like a idiots guide that's simple as to follow so I can fix/update and get things happening again.

Or is it unrealistic for someone as dumb as myself to try managing/having a basic website and image gallery and should I just stick to putting imaes on photobucket/flickr etc? Any help at all would be wonderful, many thanks in advance.

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

dumb1

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Help upgrading/using Coppermine
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 03:08:32 am »

Thank you so much for those, I will have a good read.

I will upgrade my Coppermine to the latest version soon as I've read them and worked out how to, I'm guessing I'll also need to learn how to ftp as well too.

While I'm here asking for help does anyone also have an idea of why the version I'm using has a issue with Undefined offset: 8192 in the public_html/coppermine/include/debugger.inc.php on line 112 or can maybe explain what this means or could this just be a issue because my version is now so old it's defunct.

It doesn't look like it's easy (or maybe just no real function for it) to back-up the old files/settings in 1.4.10 or is there a easy way. If there's not it's ok, I'll just have to learn and maybe start a fresh install.

dumb1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 10:47:56 am »

Ok I updated to the most current version of coppermine and the Undefined offset: 8192 in the public_html/coppermine/include/debugger.inc.php on line 112 is now gone. None of the old images show up though still, any ideas?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 03:30:12 pm »

Did you follow the instructions carefully and not do an install but an upgrade? If you have seen the installer then you have done it incorrectly.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

dumb1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 10:59:26 pm »

Well anything is possible lol, I am super dumb when it comes to these things (check my username lol). But I did put copies of the files it asked me to aside and then I used the http://yourdomain.tld/your_coppermine_folder/update.php not installer thingy and didn't replace the albums as suggested.

That said the images were not showing up before the upgrade either, I was hoping the other error that was showing up prior might have been the reason the images were not showing up. New uploaded images show up fine however, I'll have to keep digging and looking through things I guess.

dumb1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 03:22:29 am »

The images not showing up turned out to be nothing related to Coppermine and was related to permissions and pathways that got messed up somehow with my hosting service. But we have now also got that issue sorted, would like to thank you all here for your help with Coppermine though. It's all up to date now and working without throwing any error codes, fantastic.

Again many thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.