Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: is it possible use custom dates?  (Read 3728 times)

rabivit

• Coppermine newbie
  • aw beans
    • rephrensible bimshwellian comicoid
is it possible use custom dates?
« on: October 19, 2013, 06:32:53 am »

Howdy good day good evening.  I only just installed coppermine, and ordinarily would fiddle around for a bit before asking questions, but I am shorter on time than usual.   I have been uploading a number of pictures all at once from different time periods.  I would like sorting by date to consider the dates when the things were made (which I would provide) rather than the automatically reckoned date when I uploaded them, which to me is a pointless figure, being for the moment exclusively October 18, 2013.  Is this known to be possible?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: is it possible use custom dates?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 04:44:33 pm »

As there's no interface, you'd need to manipulate the timestamps of the pictures manually in the database. If your file names contain the date and time, this could be done in batch with a script. But if your files already contain that data, you could just sort them by file name.

rabivit

• Coppermine newbie
  • aw beans
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 06:56:34 am »

I suppose that could work!  But oh, it is tedious.  And this will mess with the latest uploads section, but once I am up to date that should be irrelevant.  Eh, I hope.  Thank you for the suggestion!
The pictures are bits of "art"work I have made through the years, and the filenames only include whatever I call them when I export the low resolution versions for uploading.
http://bimshwel.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=1  I get the impression this is an uncommon use for the coppermine system.

rabivit

• Coppermine newbie
  • aw beans
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 07:28:25 am »

Well on this topic, I noticed that the [for the moment erroneous] dates appear on the album index, but not inside the album itself.  Is there any way of controlling what appears beneath the thumbnails?  It would be nice if I could have captions and dates, but "config" can only turn captions on and off.  And then these captions also show up on the latest comment view, which is totally unnecessary.

rabivit

• Coppermine newbie
  • aw beans
Re: is it possible TO use custom dates?
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 08:00:56 am »

Oh apparently the dates are in a code.  A field called "mtime" has something that matches the uploaded on date, but changing it doesn't seem to do anything.  Next to it is "ctime," which DOES change that date, but in a way that makes no sense to me.  "1382742184" means october 25, 2013, somehow.  I don't think it is a complex code, since the value seems to vary by the same amount as the dates, but I was not expecting a code at all.

Hey is there a way to edit my post?  I understand that it is considered a serious breach of forum etiquette to reply to one's own remarks in most places.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: is it possible TO use custom dates?
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 09:01:35 am »

Hey is there a way to edit my post?  I understand that it is considered a serious breach of forum etiquette to reply to one's own remarks in most places.
Editing has been disabled as it has been abused in the past. It's okay to reply to your own threads.

If I remember correctly mtime is the value when the picture has been viewed the last time. ctime is the value which is used for the upload date. It's a Unix timestamp, see http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.time.php or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time.

It would be nice if I could have captions and dates, but "config" can only turn captions on and off.  And then these captions also show up on the latest comment view, which is totally unnecessary.
That's possible, but you have to modify core files. Please describe where exactly you want to display captions and dates and where you don't want to display them (regular albums, various meta albums like lastup, lastcom, etc.). I suggest to setup your gallery with the available config options which fits your needs most closely, so we don't need to modify a lot of code.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.