Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cylinder replacing image  (Read 6658 times)

afrunti

• Coppermine novice
Cylinder replacing image
« on: September 22, 2013, 05:59:16 pm »

Hello

In some albums on our board we have a big cylinder instead of the image.

Can you tell me what this can be?

Thanks

nickelas

• Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Cylinder replacing image
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 10:41:57 pm »

This happens if cpg does not find the file
Human

afrunti

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 01:22:13 am »

But what can I do?  Nobody removed the file (s).

afrunti

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 05:16:51 pm »

If somebody removes the image they uploaded to the gallery, then it's gone.  It's this cylinder that we've never seen before, so that's why I'm asking where it came from.

I've only seen that when I create a new album in the gallery and the album is empty.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 11:45:52 pm »

A link to a page where we can see this might help...
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

afrunti

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 01:24:38 am »

thanks Phill Luckhurst

May I message you the url with log in info please?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 09:16:47 pm »

Please post it here, publicly. Please don't post admin login data.

afrunti

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 01:02:54 am »

Hi Andre

Here's one of many pages where the cylinders are showing up instead of the image.  There is no viewing of this page without member registration, so you can only view it if you have an account.  I still have an account set up for you if you remember me from the last time you helped us.  So you can use those credentials to view this page.  The registration button is turned off too. 

http://bonanzaboomers.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=97&page=52

Here's the front page www.bonanzaboomers.com/gallery

thanks

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 12:48:51 pm »

I just had a look at the file names of some missing images, they're all quite long like
Big_Foot_s_Miniconjou_band___8th_US_Cavalry___3rd_Infantry2Cat_a_Grass_Dance_on_the_Cheyenne_River2C_Sth_Dak_on_or_near_Cheyenne_River_Indian_Reservation_1890.jpg
or
Calamnity_i_e__Calamity_Peak__Near_Custer_City_on_B____M__R_y__Title_of_Peak_from_the_most_noted_character_in_Black_Hills_1891.jpg

I did a query in your MySQL database to find the file path of e.g. the picture http://bonanzaboomers.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=30945. I then opened that folder, but the file doesn't exist, for whatever reason. This is the reason why you get the "missing file" image.

afrunti

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 03:58:10 pm »

thank you Andre for checking.

I did notice the big file names and I will instruct the members to make sure the names of future uploads are short before they upload (I don't think they realized that when uploading).

These pictures must have somehow been removed but not from me or the uploaders, so something happened and the file is gone.  My webhost has a backup but since I don't know when these images went missing and we add images daily, I'm going to forget about these and move on.

Have no idea what could have happened.

Coppermine gallery is awesome by the way.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 04:34:38 pm »

As just the images are missing but they're still listed in the database, the pictures have not been deleted by Coppermine. Maybe you used a Coppermine plugin which doesn't work as expected or something else has deleted those files on file system level. Maybe an automatic script has deleted those files for some reason, who knows.

afrunti

• Coppermine novice
Re: Re: Cylinder replacing image
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 01:47:56 am »

Maybe you used a Coppermine plugin which doesn't work as expected or something else has deleted those files on file system level.

Not using any plugins.

As just the images are missing but they're still listed in the database, the pictures have not been deleted by Coppermine.

That makes sense because when I've deleted the images in the gallery, they're just gone.  There's no icon showing a cylinder.  So I understand that they've not been deleted by Coppermine.  Something else happened and I don't know what it is, so I don't know how to prevent it from happening again.  And, it's not just one member's upload, it's others as well.

Oh well, I hope it happened all at the same time and won't happen again.

One thing I just remembered.  My webhost moved our board to another server because of problems.  maybe during the move, that happened.  If that's the case, then it won't happen again.  Since I don't know when the files went missing, I can't be sure that the board move had anything to do with it, but maybe that's what happened.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 08:11:36 pm »

There are maximum path lengths on file system level. So if the file systems are different on the servers or the absolute path of your gallery root is longer than before, some files haven't been copied for that reason.

afrunti

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 02:51:00 pm »

Hi Andre,

A member posted this problem on our forums yesterday.

The link below takes her to an image of a cylinder.  The link below takes me to the correct image.  Others have said that link takes them to an error message.  I've tried on 3 separate browsers myself.  Firefox and IE take me to an error message.  Chrome takes me to the correct image.  I've not been able to get the cylinder like another member.  The odd thing is, the person seeing the cylinder is using the same operating system and browser that I am when I get the correct image, which is Windows7 Chrome. 

http://bonanzaboomers.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pid=48560#top_display_media

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 03:33:27 pm »

That's probably an issue with the search meta album, which uses a cookie to store the actual search criteria (that cookie don't exist in your other browsers or on other people's systems). I assume if you use the following link, the result is the same for everybody: http://bonanzaboomers.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=48560#top_display_media
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.