Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: modify existing theme (newb)  (Read 14603 times)

Niecher

• LocalSupporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: modify existing theme (newb)
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2013, 12:33:46 pm »

Hello Phill, I hope you recover soon.

Practically I have continued with his idea and his initial work.

Regards.

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2013, 03:54:43 am »

Hi everyone,
Oh my gosh -- so many kind souls!  Thank you Niecher, your 2nd set of files is very close.   Feel better soon, Phill  :)
Attached is a screenshot of Niecher's 2nd set of files installed into my theme, including some colored rectangles to help illustrate certain areas.

For Andre, when I said it looked like I wasn't logged in, please see the green and yellow rectangles.  It's the forum part of the theme that looks like I'm not logged in.  And which of course I realize that's probably because Niecher and Phill Luckhurst, neither one could actually be logged into the forum when they picked up the source code.

I'm not clear if those parts can ever be made to be functional?  By functional, I mean that if a member is logged in, can it be made to look like the member is logged in when they are, and look like they're not logged in when they aren't.  If so, I'm guessing you'll need the source code from a logged in state?  Or maybe there will be a way for me to copy the changes Niecher made into the proper "logged in" codes?

For the pink rectangle.  I noticed that Niecher had actually changed the blue tone of most of the dark blue bars to match my forum colors, which is something that I hoped to do later, when I have a better understanding of the various codes.  However, (in the pink rectangle) the bar with the dropdown menus (from classic_w_drop) and all the buttons, are still in the original tone of blue.  If you tell me where it is, I can probably change that myself.  Or if it's easier for someone to just make a new file....well, I would appreciate whatever is easiest for you.

The only other area that seems "off" is the amount of space (#f6f6f6) between the coppermine part and the forum part, which I've indicated with dashed lines.  The area between the blue dashed line and black dashed line seems to wide, to me.  I'm guessing it's a combination of padding from coppermine and padding from the forum (portal).  If that space could be cut in half (roughly) I think that would do the trick.  But I don't know where to look or exactly what to change.  If it turns out to be too much work to change that though, I could probably live with it  ;)

And 1 last question.  If we can get my forum's theme to work for Coppermine, like Niecher's files show, I won't need A) the gallery name and description or B) the link back to the forum, which in the classic_w_drop is in the Albums dropdown.  So those can be changed in the same way they were created, i.e. Coppermine's Config page, correct?

Thank you all so very much!

Niecher

• LocalSupporter
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2013, 01:23:08 pm »

Hi brynn,

I agree with Andre that coppermine gallery will not show the forum logging when the user is logged into the forum.

Here are some changes taking functionality to the upper right box, and also the points you commented in your last post have also been changed.

Admin buttons, users and albums are png files and for this reason keep the original blue. In this last change Album button is much more integrated.

For my taste I see the theme classic_w_drop truly integrated with the theme of your SMF forum. Dare to make changes yourself, you'll find it quite easy.

Regards.

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2013, 02:59:02 pm »

Oh wow!!  Thank you SO much, Niecher!  Here it is, all uploaded:  Inkscape Community Gallery

Ok, so I understand that forum login shouldn't be needed for the gallery.  I see you made that upper right box to function like some of the other user contributed themes.  I'm ok with that.  I like how it looks.

One thing I still don't understand:
Admin buttons, users and albums are png files and for this reason keep the original blue.
What about being a PNG file makes the color change not possible?  OH!  I know!  They are images, that's why.  You can't change their color by changing code, because they're images.  So I could edit the images, probably.  After all, Inkscape is a graphics editor, lol  :D  Although the color isn't a bad shade -- it sort of matches anyway.

Thank you so much, Niecher, and Phill Luckhurst, and lurkalot and Andre, and if I've missed anyone, thank you too!  Seldom have I been so impressed with both a software and its support community!!  You all have won my praise on all accounts  :D

Niecher

• LocalSupporter
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2013, 11:59:20 pm »

Yes, I think these buttons are well on your theme. Put them in the images folder of the theme classic_w_drop.

Regards.

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2013, 12:07:21 am »

Omgoodness, you are just too kind!

I put them in themes/classic_w_drop/images, and uploaded.  But I don't see the changes take place in the gallery.  I wonder if they should go in ic_gallery_theme/images?

Oh yes.  I put them in ic_gallery_theme, and now they show up just fine.

Thank you SO much!

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2013, 10:53:20 am »

Hi Niecher, or whoever knows how to do this, or tell me how.  I was just writing a little guide for my members, and I logged in as a non-admin, to make sure I was giving the proper descriptions.  But when logged in as a non-admin, 2 User Tools menu items are missing -- Favorites and Documentation.  Or maybe they should go in the box in the top right corner?

I wonder if you or someone can either replace those, or tell me how?  It seems like it shouldn't be very hard to do, but I don't know where to look.  It seems like it might be in the php, where this info should go?

Thank you very much  :)

Niecher

• LocalSupporter
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2013, 11:14:26 am »

In the menu tab Gallery can see "IC Forum, Album List, .... My Favorites, Top Rated ..."

Documentation is for administrators, but you can put in the gallery settings as custom link "http://inkscapecommunity.com/ic_gallery/docs/en/" to be seen by users or the FAQ link you are creating.

Now you have as a custom link, the link to your forum, and this is repeated with the Forum tab which is the same link.

Regards.

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2013, 01:43:13 pm »

Ooohh, ok, I see it now!  Sorry about that.   :-[  I had not noticed the menu on the Gallery tab.

Thank you, Niecher  :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.