Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: modify existing theme (newb)  (Read 14430 times)

brynn

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Inkscape Commmunity
Re: modify existing theme (newb)
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2013, 11:17:27 pm »

Looks like html files are not allowed.  I'll try zipping it.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2013, 11:26:24 pm »

Never mind brynn, looks like you fixed it now anyway.  It's now pointing to http://inkscapecommunity.com/ic_gallery/themes/ic_gallery_theme/style.css  and your colour has now changed as you wanted.  ;)
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2013, 11:36:23 pm »

HEY!!  It just worked!!  I don't know what I did different!  But it worked this time!

Ok then.  I'll call that a very long day and shut down for the night, lol.

I don't know what happened, but going through the whole routine for the 5th or 6th time, I finally did something right.

Thank you so much, lurkalot.

I guess after you do something 4 or 5 times and it doesn't work, you just don't want to do it a 5th or 6th time.  And I have no clue what I did different this time.  Not a clue!  But I'm going to end on a positive note, and just pick it up again tomorrow, lol  ;D

At least now I know I had all the right steps, but somehow in the doing of it, things went wacky.  You know, there really needs to be some way to streamline using the file manager, the code editor, the sftp client/uploader, the server, the browser, and the coffee pot, so that you don't have so many darn different windows and tabs and cups of coffee, and what-not, all going on, all at once!

Anyway, thanks again.  The problem seems to be solved   :)

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2013, 11:46:02 pm »

No problem, glad you got there in the end. 

You know that using Firefox with the Firebug addon can save you a lot of time, plus you can see where things are reading from.  Chrome browser also has a "Inspect element" feature which does the same thing.

Please mark your topic solved. (again)  ;)
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2013, 11:48:27 pm »

And thanks to everyone else who offered support. 

Marking this solved, and I won't be unmarking it.  If I have another theme issue, I'll start a new topic  ;)

Niecher

• LocalSupporter
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2013, 12:47:24 pm »

Congrats! I am glad that finally everything works fine.

Regards.

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2013, 12:42:00 pm »

Now I've finished customizing the classic_w_drop theme to match fairly well my forum.  http://inkscapecommunity.com/ic_gallery/index.php  At least I've got a color theme that matches.  Someday, if I ever have enough skills to use my site's actual theme, I might do that.  But I'm happy with this for now  :)

Thanks again!

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2013, 12:54:40 pm »

Looks good brynn.  Just need to change you logo to match the rest of your site. But you're getting there.  ;)

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2013, 02:11:44 pm »

Oh, I didn't think that was an option!  Any clues?  That's a massive manual, and I haven't come across anything like that yet.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2013, 02:43:47 pm »

Start by simply changing the image. It is just a file in the theme folder. Once you have that done come back and we can advise on the css changes you may need to make to position and size it to fit your theme.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2013, 04:27:36 pm »

OH, you mean the "Coppermine" text and logo on the top left?  I thought that might be unremovable.  I was thinking lurkalot meant to put it where the gallery name and description are.  Replacing something that's already there is way easier for me, than putting in something new, that didn't exist before.

Well ok, I can probably handle that.  But if I'm going to go that far, at this point, I might as well try what the manual explains, to make it look just like my forum theme.  And I understand the general idea of that process.  But my forum isn't set up like the example in the manual, at least not that I can tell.  I just need to gain a little more insight about how it's coded, so I know which parts to delete and where to insert the tokens.

Totally wild idea on my part -- I suppose simply putting the gallery into a Tiny Portal article won't work?  I mean, that would automatically have my theme on it.  Although I realize that the gallery is probably too complex for TP.  But interesting thought, from my point of view  ;D

Anyway, thanks for letting me know that this would be possible.  I'll definitely keep it in mind.  But for the moment, I'm going to leave it as is.  In several months, I may have more insight, and be ready to take another giant step  :)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2013, 04:59:35 pm »

Try replacing your template.html with the one I have attached below. We will probably have to adjust a little css but we can do this once you have it up. Remember to backup your old one first.

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2013, 08:03:25 pm »

You did it for me?!  OMG!!  How very kind of you!

Ok, I switched it out.  But it does still need some tweaking in a few places.  Plus it doesn't show me as logged in (which I am logged in).  Are you sure you want to get into this?  I'm a little concerned about using it, because if anything ever went wrong, I might not know how to fix it.

But ok, I'm game if you are!  I'll leave your template.html installed, and whenever you're back online, we can fix whatever needs fixing.

Thank you SO much!!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2013, 12:16:56 am »

No problem. It is a bit late here right now so I will suggest the alterations tomorrow. If I am not online the changes are minor css adjustments so any of the team I am sure can assist. I think from my quick look that we simply need to take the float of the header and then adjust the background colour. But as I said, it is fast approaching midnight here. I'm in a meeting until about 7pm tomorrow so I will take a look after then if nobody else has joined in.

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2013, 01:30:13 am »

Ok, sounds good.  I'm pretty sure I can handle the color changes, because I finally did get that working, lol.

I'm in the process of writing a little guide for my members, so if I can't remember a detail, I might replace the old template file, so I can look it up.  Because for some reason, I'm not logged in when your template file is there.  I wouldn't have a clue why that's happening.  But anyway, if anyone wants to step in, and they find my modified classic_w_drop theme, just give it a few minutes.  I'll just switch it for a few minutes, to get whatever detail I might need, and then switch it right back.

And thank you again, SO very much!!

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2013, 01:34:54 am »

OOhh....never mind about switching out the theme files.  I appears that I'm logged into the gallery.  But the forum part of the page shows me not logged in.....even though, again, I am logged in to the forum.  But yeah, I completely can access the gallery.  And I haven't announced it, or linked it to the forum yet, so no one will see it, except by chance.

Ok then, I'll keep an eye out for replies  :)

brynn

• Inkscape Commmunity
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2013, 12:21:44 am »

If I have calculated the time zones correctly, it must be again, nearly midnight where you are.  And unfortunately, I won't have any extended time available to work on the gallery, from now (Thurs afternoon) until late Fri night, or more likely, Sat.  It sounds like you're time is 8 hours ahead of my time (just for the purpose of synchronizing our times of day).

So I'm going to go ahead switch out the template file (in case my part-time co-admin happens to visit) back to my modified classic_w_drop.  Then when we've reconnected on Sat or Sun, I'll switch it back so we can work on it.

Actually, I don't know why I didn't think of this before (DUH!!) but I do have a moderately useful understanding of CSS.  I might actually be able to fix most of those problems.  The only part I won't be able to address at all, would be why it looks like I'm not logged in to the forum, when I am.  But there's a good chance I can fix the CSS myself.

Well anyway, let's try and connect again on Sat or Sun.  Or if that's not good for you, then whenever we can "rendezvous".

Thanks again for offering so much very kind assistance!  You rock!!   ;D   See you soon  :)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2013, 08:57:51 pm »

I've some spare time right now and try to help. Unfortunately it's not obvious what you're talking about without seeing the process :D However, it doesn't make sense to me why Coppermine won't show you as logged in by just switching the template.html file.

Niecher

• LocalSupporter
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2013, 11:01:51 pm »

Since Phill gave approval to participate and assist, here is my contribution.

Regards

--Edited--
Changed table colors (zip file 2).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 02:14:49 pm by Niecher »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Re: modify existing theme (newb)
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2013, 10:57:05 am »

I've some spare time right now and try to help. Unfortunately it's not obvious what you're talking about without seeing the process :D However, it doesn't make sense to me why Coppermine won't show you as logged in by just switching the template.html file.

Sorry I didn't get back to all. The logged in box Brynn is talking about is generated by his forum app. I just inserted a static html block to display it with the intention of coming back and detailing the changes needed to make it dynamic once I had worked it out. First we needed to sort out 2 lines of css, one to center the header block and the other to set the background colour.

Unfortunately, I have been sick as a dog the last few days and still am a bit rough so not really felt like sitting in front of a screen.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.