Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload  (Read 5858 times)

joombler

• Coppermine novice
Upload
« on: August 30, 2013, 09:41:25 am »

I am not quite sure if this is a security issue: Just created a new album as administrator and uploaded a wmv into that album. For some reason I get this error display (see attachment).
What I checked so far:
- Set in file settings: able to upload wmv extention and set max filesize on 100000Kb
- Tried to do a batch upload - after choosing the right source folder and the correct album, I also get the display 'Album is empty'. Strangely enough, if I do that same on an older album, everything works fine.
- Uploading of pictures on that same folder works without problems.

Perhaps I am overlooking something here.

BR, Joombler

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Upload
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 10:39:08 am »

When exactly do you get this error? Which upload method do you used? Does it work to upload smaller wmv files to that album?

joombler

• Coppermine novice
Re: Re: Upload
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 11:36:50 am »

When exactly do you get this error? Which upload method do you used? Does it work to upload smaller wmv files to that album?
The error occurs when I upload the WMV in administrator mode through upload file - the file is uploaded (progress bar is showing) but after it finishes the upload, the example screen is showing.
When I do the upload through the 'batch upload' option, I first choose the folder out of which I want to upload from, tag the file and click on upload. Then there is something going on for a second of three and then I get the display 'folder is empty'.
Funny enough the upload works fine in an old album (which already exists for some months), but not in one that I created recently.

There has been some major updates for php and MySQL; could it be that something has changed there?

... YES, a smaller file does work (1Mb) - 100000Kb does not. Should this 100000Kb better be read as 100000bytes in the configuration then?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 11:50:22 am »

There's no issue with the Coppermine config labels as far as I know. If the upload fails for large files in HTTP upload mode, you most likely exceed the PHP upload limitation, see http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/configuration.htm#admin_picture_thumbnail_max_upload_size

However, it currently doesn't make sense that you can add the same file to one Coppermine album, but not to another. Can you see any difference between those albums at their album properties pages?

joombler

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 12:22:59 pm »

There's no issue with the Coppermine config labels as far as I know. If the upload fails for large files in HTTP upload mode, you most likely exceed the PHP upload limitation, see http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/configuration.htm#admin_picture_thumbnail_max_upload_size

However, it currently doesn't make sense that you can add the same file to one Coppermine album, but not to another. Can you see any difference between those albums at their album properties pages?
Indeed, it doesn't make sense at all. Will check both album properties and see if there are differences.

Thanks,
Joombler

joombler

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 05:28:53 pm »

the issue is still on for non 'standard' files (looks like size wise and extension wise).
Can you tell me what is wrong with my setup and why the file extension m4v is not showing although I added it to the allowed file extentions?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 10:01:49 am »

You need to add the m4v file type to Coppermine's database, as it doesn't exist out of the box. You can use this plugin for easy maintenance: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,59917.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.