Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: images won't show up  (Read 4967 times)

nindoja

• Coppermine newbie
images won't show up
« on: July 06, 2004, 02:20:53 am »

Hi.  When I upload pictures, they will upload without errors, but they don't show up on my web-site.  I have tried viewing the thumbs, the medium pics, and the full size ones, but none of them show up.  When I check the url, the files are there, but they won't show up.  What is wierd though, is that if I change the address for CPG to my network ip address, they show up fine.  BTW, I am using Windows XP Home with Image Magick.  Thanks in advance for the help.

omniscientdeveloper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: images won't show up
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 03:28:00 am »

You need to provide a link and any error messages you get.

-omni

nindoja

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 09:26:03 am »

Sorry for forgetting a link.  Here is a link:

http://69.73.37.132/cpg/

I get no error messages, the images just don't show up.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 09:33:44 am »

Your server is s-l-o-w (the benefits of self-hosting ;)), so this might be caused by time-outs or by server-sided rules that won't show the pics. Make sure you have set permissions accordingly (there's no such thing as CHMOD on Windoze, but there are permissions anyway). When using IIS, look for IUSR permissions.
I keep on ranting about this, but I have to repeat my statement posted a thousand times already: you should only run your own webserver if your really know what you are doing; Windows XP home surely doesn't qualify as server OS. Although Redmond keeps saying so and supplies you with tools to run your own website, you shouldn't.

GauGau

nindoja

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2004, 02:13:04 pm »

Sorry, I was running some cpu intensive programs when you visited the site.  My only question is why would the images show up from a local ip address, and not an internet ip address?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2004, 06:39:32 pm »

because you have other permissions when running things locally - you're probably logged in as admin (usually you are with the non-server OS WinXP home).
I suggest some intense reading on running a server.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.