Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with apostrophes in keywords  (Read 3374 times)

Russ_

• Coppermine regular visitor
Problem with apostrophes in keywords
« on: June 26, 2013, 01:50:48 am »

If I put an apostrophe in as a keyword for a photo, then go to the "search" screen, in the tag cloud (I think that's what it's called) at the bottom the word with the apostrophe is split at the apostrophe. eg. I put Patrick's as a keyword, in the tag cloud I then get "Patrick" and "s" as keywords. Another eg., someones name is Popoali'i, in the tag cloud this shows as "Popoali" and "i" as separate keywords (and looking at the file info below the photo they show as 2 words too).

When I go to the "Edit File" for that last one I get this in the keywords field: "Popoali'i". So it's replacing the apostrophe with "'" and so splitting the keyword at the semi-colon.

My "Character encoding" in the config is "Unicode (utf-8)" if that's relevant.

Can I do anything about this?

Thank you.

Russ_

Re: Problem with apostrophes in keywords
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 03:28:22 am »

Okay I see above that those characters disappear so I'll repeat some the above and see if this works:

When I go to the "Edit File" for that last one I get this in the keywords field: "Popoali& # 0 3 9 ;i". So it's replacing the apostrophe with "& # 0 3 9 ;" and so splitting the keyword at the semi-colon. (I have had to put spaces betweent the bold characters so that they show here)

Russ_

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 01:25:37 am »

Nothing I can do? Just leave out the apostrophe in the keywords?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 04:53:52 pm »

That issue should already be fixed in cpg1.5.24. Please upgrade your gallery, as you're currently running cpg1.5.20. Maybe you also want to have a look at the corresponding bug thread: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,76226.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.