Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem loggin into gallery  (Read 2522 times)

heavensportal

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • The Fantasy Attic
problem loggin into gallery
« on: July 25, 2013, 05:13:11 am »

running 1.5.24 and have not had a chance to go to my own gallery due to website work for the rest of the server.

our host just recently migrated our entire websites to a different virtual server and so not sure how long this has happened.

I can log into my smf 2.0.4 forum but when I click the link to go to my gallery (bridged also) it sends me right back to the forum to log in---I am logged in it tells me a logout link.

I have run update.php and all went well other than that I should be able to go directly to the gallery from the forum once I log in there but nope.

http//angelwingcreations.thefantasiesattic.net/cpg/index.php

It just keeps looping back to log in page.

if i have to reinstall the gallery fresh, can i do that, once done replace the new database with the old ones info? Or will I just lose everything---sorry but it has been a very long time since i had to reinstall a gallery

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: problem loggin into gallery
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 08:41:45 am »

Run bridgemgr.php and use that to disable the bridging. You should then be able to logon to your gallery using the original admin password. If you cannot login then we  can reset the password using phpmyadmin. When you can eventually get in to the gallery then the bridge can be setup again.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

heavensportal

• The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 09:22:18 am »

OK, I got the bridgemanager page up and entered the username/password---never changed it from installation but it did not work to turn off bridge manager.

then I went into the gallery database in phpmyadmin and changed the password there but now bridge manager has me on a countdown before I can try again.

will keep you posted, and If I have to reinstall it fresh that is fine since it is my personal gallery...I just don't relish having to put the images back...but at least it is not our member gallery cause I would shoot myself at having to  manage those 100's of images...lol it says wait 635 and counting

will post when it lets me log in again with results

heavensportal

• The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 09:40:15 am »

It finally let me submit info but alas no happiness, it did not let me get any further, said I had to enter the user/password that I originally installed the standalone with...and like I said that has never changed.

So now I will just reinstall the gallery from scratch...or maybe just delete the bridge information from database. unsure going to bed now this flu has me loopy.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 02:29:29 pm »

No problem, though it is easy to go into the db via phpmyadmin and reset the password using a simple md5 string. There are numerous threads detailing how to do that. Also, try logging on using a different browser first as on occasion I have seen that cause a problem on bridged galleries due to cookies.

heavensportal

• The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 10:29:36 pm »

::) well can we say I am feeling rather sheeeeeepish here

Ok thanks for the help for this idiot athat i can be at times. Like always when something goes wrong I tend to think difficult. I had gone into forum admin today and noticed that my cookie name disappeared totally from it little slot.

I entered the cookie name/doubled 60 to 120 /logged out

When I logged back in I then hit my gallery link and am logged in .

All is fine now, thanks again.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 11:11:51 pm »

Don't worry, we've all done it. I couldn't log into a server today and it took someone else to notice that I had num lock on.

Thanks for taking the time to resolve your thread.

heavensportal

• The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 11:27:59 pm »

I will mention too that verifying fersions has let me know that many files were missing, must have been from the migration move the host did, which we were not notified about until day of...lol

weird things have been happening since that too with the other entities on this server of ours but not like this...lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.