Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Critical error There was an error while processing a database query  (Read 5411 times)

caprifolia

• Coppermine newbie

Yes, I know there is another thread with this same title but I do not believe the issue is the same.

Gallery is located here:  http://www.kathleenballardphotography.com/gallery/

I have upgraded a 1.5x gallery to the latest version and moved it to another server.  I uploaded the new version files via ftp and followed the instructions for moving the database and *most* things work OK but there are a few things that don't that I'd like to get taken care fixed.

Most noticeable is that when one is viewing an individual image clicking the Albums List in the top menu produces the above error.  There are several other things one can do to produce it as well.

I have run database checks and database repairs and all is reported as "OK"

One thing I noticed is that different parts of the database seem to have different names:
gallery.cpg15x_temp_messages and gallery.cpg_categories  and I'm wondering if that could be the cause?  See the highlighted parts of the image.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

Were there any errors when you ran update.php?

Have you run versioncheck.php too?
(please note the some minor errors are normal  and should be ignored)

caprifolia

• Coppermine newbie

I believe I've resolved this error (no clue how but I've downloaded new installation files & re-uploaded 3 times) and messed with it every which way from Sunday.

No errors on update.php
version check:  most files say they are corrupted or edited (they have not been edited) even after the above.  The files were uploaded using CuteFTPPro which I've used for years.  Using automatic and PASV.

Now I have another error calling ImageMagick.
Critical error
Error executing ImageMagick - Return value: 1

Hosting support says the following:  "ImageMagick is installed, but the PHP extension is not. Based on the error I would expect this script is trying to use the ImageMagick binary applications. Are you able to specify a path to ImageMagick in the script's configuration? If so, please use /usr/bin"

The path is correct because I did a test installation using Softalicious (or whatever the installer is called that is on the server) and everything works fine in that case.  I know you don't want to hear that but I wanted to check where the error was ImageMagick or the gallery installation and it seems pretty clear that the problem is with the gallery installation.

caprifolia

• Coppermine newbie

Update: 

I installed a test gallery here:  http://www.kathleenballardphotography.com/test  It works.
I checked the path to ImageMagick on the test gallery and it is blank.
I went back to the original gallery and made that path blank and still get the same error.

No idea what is causing the error but it isn't ImageMagick.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me

Try switching to GD2

A return code of "1" just indicates a failure. Either the path is incorrect or something in Imagemagik or PHP is not configured correctly. Have you tried your hosts path suggestion? Softalicious could have re-configured the script somewhere, possibly in a .htaccess file, to redirect the setting in the config so we cannot really trust that.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

caprifolia

• Coppermine newbie

GD2 works fine

caprifolia

• Coppermine newbie

I've tried every path to ImageMagick imaginable (including anything the host support suggested) and each has thrown the same error.
This gallery was hosted by this same host before; it has just been moved to a new server & something bad happened in the move.

• gallery calling ImageMagick on the prior server worked fine.
  • gallery calling ImageMagick on new server does not
  • softalicious installation of test gallery was not done until this AM to check whether ImageMagick worked on the new server at all
  • the issue calling ImageMagick pre-dated my trying softalicious so it's doubtful that softalicious had anything to do with the error.
  • path to ImageMagick on the test gallery is blank; using a blank path on the "real" gallery still elicits the same error

I'm fresh out of ideas here.  Something broke and I can't figure out what it is.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

As your initial issue is solved and your gallery works as expected with GD2, I'm tagging this thread accordingly. If you still have any issues, please start a new thread after reading the docs and searching the board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.