Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: entering the path in config for the Custom Header include  (Read 4307 times)

trevorpenfold

• Coppermine novice
entering the path in config for the Custom Header include
« on: July 18, 2013, 09:42:51 am »

Hi,

I realise this has been asked before, but I've read ALL the docs AND the forums and am still getting nowhere - so I'd really really appreciate some pointers from someone who's in the know...

Very straight forward really - i'm using the latest cpg install with the latest curve theme, and I want to input the path to my main site header in the config > theme settings> Path to custom header include.

I've set-up a test wordpress site with a test cpg gallery inside it, all in the root of my current site, so i can craft a good overall look for the cpg gallery.
url to this setup is http://www.trevorpenfold.com/testing/test_gallery/ with "testing' being my wordpress main testing home site - and once sorted I'll do a clean install of cpg into the site www.trevorpenfold.com.

So in the cpg "config > theme settings> Path to custom header include" I've tried all relative paths (as stated) for various options including:

/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/cropped-AA-05192-web.jpg
or
../wp-content/uploads/2013/04/cropped-AA-05192-web.jpg - neither work!
+
/wp-blog-header.php - doesn't work
or
../wp-blog-header.php - this one crashes the site!
+
/wp-content/themes/twentytwelve/inc/custom-header.php - this does nothing!
or
../wp-content/themes/twentytwelve/inc/custom-header.php - this does nothing!
+
and some custom menu ideas...

/wp-content/plugins/ubermenu/ubermenu.php - this does nothing!
or
../wp-content/plugins/ubermenu/ubermenu.php - this one crashes the site!

The paths that crashed the site were occasionally irreversible, and entailed me uninstalling cpg and doing a fresh install - hence you won't see any albums or images as I've just been focusing on trying to get the custom header to work without crashing the site again!

I've also tried moving positions of the {custom_header} token in the curve template.html - but no change.

looking forward to someone to put me out of my misery....

Cheers  :(

pols1337

• Coppermine frequent poster
Re: entering the path in config for the Custom Header include
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 05:15:05 am »

I'm definitely not a Coppermine pro, but I can offer you some pointers based on my experience:

1) You shouldn't need to move your {custom_header}

2) You ought to be able to get (at least) your image to appear.  Maybe also try:
../../wp-content/uploads/2013/04/cropped-AA-05192-web.jpg

One way to perhaps get around is to try an absolute URL like:
http://www.trevorpenfold.com/testing/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/cropped-AA-05192-web.jpg

3) You may also want to include the contents of your custom-header.php for the more experienced folks to take a look at

Hope this helps,
Joel / pols1337

trevorpenfold

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 05:42:51 am »

Hi Joel,

Thanks for giving me some pointers - which i'll try, though I might be on the point of giving up altogether!

Cheers,
tp

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 12:49:59 pm »

Paths starting with a slash are absolute paths, which are in your case invalid. That's why they don't do anything. If the other relative paths crashes your site, the good are, that the path is correct. If you describe more detailed what exactly "crashed" means, we maybe could fix the issue. But I assume that those files aren't meant to be included somewhere else out of Wordpress.

Including image files is of course nonsense. Instead, just add the image to your theme.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.