Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom themes  (Read 3375 times)

jillybean1217

• Coppermine newbie
Custom themes
« on: July 08, 2013, 09:51:54 am »

I have downloaded a custom theme I would like to use. I followed all of the instructions, I downloaded, unzipped and then used filezilla to upload it to my site. I placed it in the themes folder, where the default theme folders are located. I then went to my admin page, chose config and then theme settings. But the new theme is not available to choose. All that show are the default themes that came with Coppermine.

The folder I have Coppermine installed in is titled "Gallery". Here is a screencap of my program showing where I installed the dark velvet theme.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Custom themes
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 10:23:19 am »

Please check the directory structure. Sometimes the zip contains another folder ofe the same name and that could be the problem. So for instance, the eyeball folder should contain style.css etc. If the structure is eyeball>eyeball>style.css etc then that would be wrong. Just compare to the working themes.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

jillybean1217

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 12:07:11 am »

I double checked that to make sure and it doesn't seem to be the case. When I compare it to the default themes it looks the same. I have tried a couple other custom themes and those won't show up either. All the ones I have tried have been from here.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 09:32:47 am »

Does the theme (show / work), if you put the following into your address bar? Obviously changing the gallery url first. ;)

Code: [Select]
http://yourgalleryaddress/gallery/index.php?theme=dark_velvet
To go back to your default curve theme

Code: [Select]
http://yourgalleryaddress/gallery/index.php?theme=curve
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.