Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Constantly refreshing browser to see new uploads  (Read 2763 times)

skyone

• Coppermine regular visitor
Constantly refreshing browser to see new uploads
« on: July 01, 2013, 09:57:55 pm »

Hi,

every time when I upload a pic and then I click the home page , the gallery doesn't change , I need to refresh my browser every time in order to see the changes... it happens the same if I change the main banner or css

Visitors experience the same, they don't see changes unless they refresh their browser

Is there a way that changes can be reflected right away?
I suspect this is something to do with cookies..

thanks

my gallery

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Constantly refreshing browser to see new uploads
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 08:50:54 am »

Nothing to do with cookies, more to do with the way your browser works. By default most browsers are setup to cache a page it has recently viewed until it is refreshed manually. You can adjust this setting in the browser or add a meta tag to your template.

http://webdesign.about.com/od/caching/qt/control-the-browser-cache-with-expires-meta-tag.htm
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

skyone

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 10:43:48 am »

I added the new meta tag and still the same. Now I have:
<meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache" />
<meta http-equiv="expires" content="0">

it has to be something else, I have another gallery on a free server for testing purposes and this doesn't happen, as soon as I upload a pic, I can see it without refreshing the browser
I thought it might be some expires cache I have on my .htaccess, but I deleted them and it makes no difference.
I deleted the cookies on my browsers and is still caching the old page... I have to F5 every time to see new photos uploaded ... the same happens to my visitors :-\

skyone

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 10:50:36 am »

I asked my web host and they said that unless the photos have a special ajax uploader it is normal
to have to refresh the page to see the newly uploaded photo.

does coppermine uses a special ajax uploader???

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 11:16:35 am »

Either your host misunderstood the issue or you described it totally confusing. As Phill already said, it has nothing to do with cookies, but it's a caching issue (either your browser or your hosts displays/delivers a cached version of your gallery).

To exclude a browser issue, please post a test user account with upload privileges (no admin account!), so we can test ourselves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.