Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG issue: Uploading images is going very slow  (Read 12741 times)

Manutjee

• Coppermine regular visitor
CPG issue: Uploading images is going very slow
« on: June 25, 2013, 03:46:02 pm »

For the last couple of days I find it extremely hard to succesfully add photos to my gallery. Yesterday, and days before, I've tried to batch-add photos to my gallery, I've waited 10-15 minutes for the green check-things to come, but it doesn't for most of the images. I get the radar-thingy, but it's suppose to give me an error message when hovering over it, that too, does not happen. What could be the error?

http://vpd-central.com/stuff/cpg_issue1.png
http://vpd-central.com/stuff/cpg_issue2.png

Also some images are added halfly:

http://vpd-central.com/stuff/nddailycom_cpgissue1.png
http://vpd-central.com/stuff/nddailycom_cpgissue2.png

Could it be because of my host? They're upgrading their hardware/disks and all.

The folder on my hard-drive, containing the images you see there is 91,7 MB but that shouldn't be an issue, right? I've got a lot more photos on several galleries of mine so...

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: CPG issue: Uploading images is going very slow
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 10:17:56 pm »

Usually when this problem occurs it is a hosting problem. Speak to your host and ask when the work is likely to be complete.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Manutjee

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 08:11:42 pm »

Still no luck.
Some of the images carry the name of '001.Jpg' and others 002.jpg (note the capital J). Could that be an issue?
Again trying to batch-add some images, and still receiving the radar-icon without any explanation of the error when I hover over it.
The add contains 14 images, which used to be no issue, especially when I batch-added 700 images just a few hours before this.

Manutjee

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 08:12:59 pm »

Sorry for the double post, since I cannot edit my previous one.

Only one image gets the green check icon.

Manutjee

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 08:52:20 pm »

It does work for me when I use the normal upload, but that's not working comfortable for me since I'm SO used to the batch-add.

Manutjee

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 10:35:52 pm »

Update: Now it suddenly doesn't add anything. Getting all radar-things and the popup error "Unkown PHP error" that comes back when I click 'OK'. I tried reparing the tables - no luck.

Manutjee

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 02:00:07 pm »

Again, sorry for the multiple posts. I am just testing stuff and keeping you up to date, but I can't edit my posts...

Update: I installed a second coppermine with a new database to see what's happening. It's on the same server as the one I normally use (my domain).
Getting a lot of radars there, too, but this time with an error when I hover over it. It's saying that I'm out of memory, and I checked the forums about it, which is saying I need to change the php.ini file, but first: I have no clue where to find that file, and second: I have no idea what to add to increase my memory. No idea what the amount should be.

This while I am batch-adding at this moment on the server, the gallery where I normally and need to put it all, succesfully, but very, very, very slow. No idea what is happening and why it acts the way it acts. The one moment I am having the hardest time ever to upload stuff, and the other moment I am able to succesfully add images, but very, very slowly. :/ I'm confused!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 03:12:40 pm »

I think it may be time to speak to your host. It sounds like the server has a lot of hosts on it and when they are busy all are slowing down.

As for the memory limit that is also something your host is best placed to advise.

Manutjee

Re: Re: CPG issue: Uploading images is going very slow
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 04:40:22 pm »

I think it may be time to speak to your host. It sounds like the server has a lot of hosts on it and when they are busy all are slowing down.

As for the memory limit that is also something your host is best placed to advise.

Yeah, I also think it's a server/host issue. They've been migrating to better hardware for us, as hostees, and they've been doing so since half/end of June.
The only thing is, is that my host says I need to change it the file formatting (or whatever it is called) to ImageMagick.
I've done that - TWICE. And no luck. I succesfully added a batch a few hours ago, and went for another try with again all those errors coming up.
The only difference is, that with ImageMagick, no error pops up when I hover over the radar-thing while it does popup with the GD settings.

First attachment is GD
Second is ImageMagick

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 09:40:12 pm »

Not a lot more I can say except it is almost certainly a hosting problem. The message difference is simply the way the two different image libraries report their errors.

Manutjee

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 10:17:49 pm »

Thanks!
I'll let you know here on this topic if anything changes.

Manutjee

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 08:42:27 pm »

My host is lacking awfully at this moment.
I can't even add new images at all on one of my sites. I keep getting the 'out of memory' fatal error one.
Could it be anything else besides something that my host should change? Aren't I possible to change some of those settings in the config files?

* When running on GD instead of Image Magick, I can hover over the radar, and the error pops up.
* When running on Image Magick, I can hover the radar, and nothing pops op.

It happens with everything I try to add.
I even deleted spaces in the folders and put a _ (underscore) in everything (example: Nylon_Magazine_Febr_2012)
My other sites are working fine, I just batch-added 2000 photos succesfully. Could it be the server the site's running on?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 01:14:59 pm »

Yes, it could very well be the server that site is on. I would try moving to a sub directory on another server, no need to transfer the images from the albums folder to save time remembering to copy your db over and setup the correct details in include/config.inc.php. Then after running update.php try some uploads and see what happens. If it works as expected then you should go and speak to your host.

Manutjee

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 01:43:04 pm »

Yes, it could very well be the server that site is on. I would try moving to a sub directory on another server, no need to transfer the images from the albums folder to save time remembering to copy your db over and setup the correct details in include/config.inc.php. Then after running update.php try some uploads and see what happens. If it works as expected then you should go and speak to your host.

Thanks, I'll try that right away, and I'll let you know.

Manutjee

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 08:07:40 pm »

Might be a stupid question, but how am I suppose to copy my database? My database has a prefix (example: test_coppermine, with test being the prefix)
I am able to export my database and import it on one of my other sites that are running on different servers, so that's what I'll try then...?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 11:57:22 pm »

Yes, of course. As long as you don't already have a db on the test server that has the same prefix it is not a problem. If it does have the same prefix then you can use notepad on the .sql file you download to do a find-replace on the test_ before you import the db to the new server.

Manutjee

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 11:59:32 pm »

Yes, of course. As long as you don't already have a db on the test server that has the same prefix it is not a problem. If it does have the same prefix then you can use notepad on the .sql file you download to do a find-replace on the test_ before you import the db to the new server.

Imported the database, images are added correctly and fast, too.
No error popped up at all, so I guess it's a server thing then, right?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 12:05:30 am »

Yep, go and beat your host around the head with a wet kipper.

Manutjee

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 12:27:03 am »

LOL!
I've been doing so for the past four days...
But thank you very much for your help to make sure it wasn't on my side. I appreciate it.

Have a nice day/evening/night!

Manutjee

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 08:25:40 pm »

Just an update:

Still having the issues due to the server migration.
There are several people at my host with similar issues, all related to the memory stuff. I still get the "Fatal Error: Out of Memory" one, and someone with similar issues advised me to upgrade the memory in the php.ini file, but I have no idea where I can find that. I even downloaded a clean Coppermine one, and did a ctrl+F on it; no results.

I need to add/change this:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Resource Limits ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 30     ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 60        ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
memory_limit = 8M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)

Any idea where I can find that?

My host is still working on the migration stuff, they've been for almost two months now...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.