Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linebreaks in tooltip help  (Read 2590 times)

Nalco

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
Linebreaks in tooltip help
« on: June 23, 2013, 06:22:18 am »

I am running Coppermine 1.5.24.

I have installed Style-my-tooltips jQuery plugin. The scripts works perfectly, except for the fact that is does not recognize the "$LINEBREAK" in the code.

I have found the code I need to edit, but am not sure how to insert a linebreak that the script will acknowledge

The code that controls the tooltip for the thumbnails that I want to edit is in functions.inc.php at around line 2990.

Code: [Select]
// My Edit To Add Title To Tooltips
            $pic_title = $lang_common['title'] . '=' . $row['title'] . $LINEBREAK .
// End My Edit To Add Title To Tooltips           
            $pic_title = $lang_common['filename'] . '=' . $row['filename'] . $LINEBREAK .               
                $lang_common['filesize'] . '=' . ($row['filesize'] >> 10) . $lang_byte_units[1] . $LINEBREAK .
                $lang_display_thumbnails['dimensions'] . $row['pwidth'] . "x" . $row['pheight'] . $LINEBREAK .
                $lang_display_thumbnails['date_added'] . localised_date($row['ctime'], $lang_date['album']);

As you can see, I have already edited the tooltips to include the title of a photo with success.

Without the script, my browsers acknowledge the line break, and display the tooltips correctly:

Title=This is the title
Filename-=This is the filename
Filesize=250k

If I install the script, the line breaks are removed, and everything is displayed on one line:

Title=This is the title Filename-=This is the filename Filesize=250k

I realize this is a limitation of the script itself, but I would like to try and edit the code in functions.inc.php to manually enter breaks that the script can handle, and this is where I cannot figure out if it is possible.

So, is it possible to somehow replace "$LINEBREAK" with either a "<br>", or  "&#013", or add them in such a way that a linebreak will occur ?

Naturally I have played with the code with no success, so I thought I would check here, to see if someone knows how to this without breaking the script.

Any ideas??

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 11:22:22 am by Nalco »

Niecher

• LocalSupporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Linebreaks in tooltip help
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 02:10:53 pm »

Write it in this way, twice, also around the line 3266:

$pic_title = $lang_common['title'] . '=' . $row['title'] . $LINEBREAK .
                $lang_common['filename'] . '=' . $row['filename'] . $LINEBREAK .
                $lang_common['filesize'] . '=' . ($row['filesize'] >> 10) . $lang_byte_units[1] . $LINEBREAK .
                $lang_display_thumbnails['dimensions'] . $row['pwidth'] . "x" . $row['pheight'] . $LINEBREAK .
                $lang_display_thumbnails['date_added'] . localised_date($row['ctime'], $lang_date['album']);

Best Regards

Nalco

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 12:46:50 am »

Thanks for fixing my bad code insert, unfortunately it did not fix my linebreak issue.

Niecher

• LocalSupporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 02:36:32 am »

Try this:

$pic_title = $lang_common['title'] . '=' . $row['title'] . "\n" .
                $lang_common['filename'] . '=' . $row['filename'] . "\n" .
                $lang_common['filesize'] . '=' . ($row['filesize'] >> 10) . $lang_byte_units[1] . "\n" .
                $lang_display_thumbnails['dimensions'] . $row['pwidth'] . "x" . $row['pheight'] . "\n" .

Best Regards

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 11:37:37 am »

Is there any documentation of that plugin, what it needs to detect a line break? It's better than just trial and error.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.