Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick Question About Installation into Database  (Read 7211 times)

Alice Kaye

• Coppermine newbie
Quick Question About Installation into Database
« on: June 20, 2013, 03:57:54 am »

Hey there,

Totally new to Coppermine Gallery. I'm trying to install this to bridge with my 'myBB' forums at www.fancyhatbrigade.com.

That being said, as I was going through the installation directions, I came to a question. Do I install this gallery in it's own MYSQL database, or do I install it into the same one my 'myBB' boards are installed in? I don't want to make any mistakes in this installation if I can help it, so I'm just checking ahead of time.

Thanks a bunch!

Alice Kaye

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Quick Question About Installation into Database
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 06:11:26 am »

Apparently I can't edit my post to explain why I have this question. I realized I didn't go into detail very much.

The reason I'm posing this question is because if I plan to bridge myBB and Coppermine together, clearly I'm doing so for the purpose of allowing my users to post their own galleries and photos up. Therefore, I'd like to share a userbase with Coppermine. So I'm not sure if they are supposed to share a MYSQL database in order to make this happen, or if they're supposed to have separate databases.

Thanks in advance. :)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 09:20:44 am »

Yes, you should install it into the same database.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Alice Kaye

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 07:10:59 pm »

Thanks very much, will do!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.