Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gallery issues questions..  (Read 4165 times)

Corrupted

• Coppermine novice
Gallery issues questions..
« on: June 14, 2013, 07:40:31 pm »

Hello I recently did an upgrade to the latest version as I was having some issues and was hoping that would fix it. Anyways not sure if it fixed it yet or not, but now I have some new issues I need to figure out as well. Now when I visit the main page of the site as a guest not logged in I have no way to see the actual albums just the random thumbnails from different albums. How can I fix that? Also in the ADMIN mode if I click album list it shows all of the folders that I can select. In normal mode it only shows random and last additions, no folder (ride) selection area like in the ADMIN mode.

Also any way to maybe speed it up or help with the slow upload speeds? Not saying this is a coppermine issue as I was having this issue before hand hence why I upgraded to hopefully help the issue. Before upgrading it would take a long process in uploading when it didn't before, and even skip files and so on. So trying to find out if its my host having the issue or coppermine itself. Prob the host I'll be sending them an email next to look into it.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Gallery issues questions..
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 07:49:44 pm »

Please, one question per thread. It can get confusing trying to follow multiple issues.

Please post a link to your gallery so we can see the problem. We will deal with your first problem here.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Corrupted

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 08:36:13 pm »

Sorry about that I'm used to forms where I don't need to do that as it clutters the boards.

Anyways here is the link

http://www.sgp-touring-riding.com/gallery/index.php

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 08:49:08 pm »

No worries. First things first, your version is a little behind (1.5.18, we are now running 1.5.24) and there is a little security fix in one of the updates so you should do that asap.

For your problem, please take a look at this section of the docs. It explains how to add or remove sections from the main page display. I am guessing it is the catlist you want. - http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/configuration.htm#admin_album_list_content

Corrupted

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 07:53:02 pm »

Ok feeling kinda stupid here. I am looking over the content for the main page stuff in that link, but also if I'm reading it right to display the past albums I already have they need to be in categories? If so not sure if that was already done when uploading them in the past versions or not. If not is that going to be an issue or do I just place them in a new one?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 10:22:01 pm »

Try simply experimenting, it is often the best way to get your head around it. Start with the default setting of catlist/alblist/random,2/lastup,2

This section of the docs explains categories - http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/categories.htm#cat

As it says in that section of the docs

If you don't need categories, don't use them: you can create albums in the root of your gallery (no category).

Corrupted

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 11:40:10 pm »

but that didn't really answer my main question or maybe it did and I just don't understand it. I still don't know where I need to go to edit this stuff in order to make the albums appear on the main page.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 09:52:16 am »

but that didn't really answer my main question or maybe it did and I just don't understand it. I still don't know where I need to go to edit this stuff in order to make the albums appear on the main page.

Click, Config > scroll down to "Album list view" and click the plus sign to the left of it to expand all its settings. There you'll find the breadcrumb list "The content of the main page"   

That's where you would choose what to show on the main page. By adding or removing the codes outlined in the docs, as per Phill's link above. http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/configuration.htm#admin_album_list_content
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Corrupted

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 08:35:33 pm »

Sorry to be such a pest and ask so many questions :( wish it could of just been easier like the old version.

Anyways so I tried this string as its what it suggested  breadcrumb/catlist/alblist , but of course not the homepage is empty.

Here is what I got so when I go to albums in the admin panel and select category I choose the my gallery as that is where all the albums I have are. If I select an album and view the properties I looked at them all they are all in a category called touring. I tried a couple different combos of strings tying to add the touring group but nothing happened so just put it back.

I've included an image on what it looks like in the admin panel under album list. In my older version before updating this is what it looked like on the homepage, plus it also had 2 rows of random and 2 rows of recently uploaded thumbnails below all the albums. How can I get this look back on my homepage???

And thank you everyone for the great support really appreciate it :)

Corrupted

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 09:09:21 am »

still waiting on some help with a salutation  for this if possible :)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 11:55:49 am »

We have 2 options:
1. Redirect the main page to http://www.sgp-touring-riding.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10001
2. Move all albums to the root category (* no category *)

Option 2 is the cleaner way IMHO. This can be done with a single MySQL query, if you don't want to move them all manually. Please let me know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.