Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Admin maintenance on Coppermine  (Read 2653 times)

pols1337

• Coppermine frequent poster
Admin maintenance on Coppermine
« on: June 01, 2013, 03:18:12 am »

Hi,

I was wondering if any folks can offer some friendly tips or steps to optimize and maintain your Coppermine gallery.  For example:
  • Check Coppermine version and update, if necessary
  • Check Coppermine plugins and update, if necessary
  • Optimize database
  • Delete orphan comments

I'm also concerned about leftover files.  Is there any way to identify and delete them? 

I can't think of anything else, but if there are any helpful tasks that you can suggest, let me know!

Thanks,
Joel / pols1337

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Admin maintenance on Coppermine
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 01:20:27 pm »

• Check Coppermine version and update, if necessary
  • Check Coppermine plugins and update, if necessary
There's currently no option to update Coppermine or its plugins with just a single click.

• Optimize database
I don't understand. Please describe more detailed.

• Delete orphan comments
Please have a look at the admin tools.

I'm also concerned about leftover files.  Is there any way to identify and delete them? 
What do you mean with "leftover files"? Some years ago I created a plugin for my personal needs that checks the albums folder for files that aren't in the database. Unfortunately it's no standalone plugin but part of a very big plugin that changes my gallery significantly.

pols1337

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 08:34:31 pm »

Check Coppermine version and update, if necessary -- manually check
Check Coppermine plugins and update, if necessary -- manually check (This is why I keep suggesting you all need to redo your plugin site, because it's a pain to follow and to check versions)
Optimize database -- Go into PhpMyAdm / mySQL to click on the button that says Optimize the tables or whatever
Delete orphan comments -- yes, in admin tools

By leftover files, yes, I mean files that are not in the database but still using up space on my server.  I don't know how to locate and delete them en masse.   

In any case, I'm looking for other ways that experienced Coppermine owners maintain their galleries. 

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 10:32:30 pm »

Check Coppermine plugins and update, if necessary -- manually check (This is why I keep suggesting you all need to redo your plugin site, because it's a pain to follow and to check versions)

I would dearly love to improve the plugins section but it really is not a simple task and certainly something that is hard to find time to do. Currently the plugins are in two locations, one on the forums and one on sourceforge. For a long time we could not access the sourceforge repository to update coppermine nor the plugins. This resulted in a bit of a mess and one that is taking time to unravel. As I get the time I will update the plugins on sourceforge. I would also like to update the plugins page but again, that is a big task which only a couple of us are actively working on. So currently the best place is the forums where users are keeping their work up to date.

By leftover files, yes, I mean files that are not in the database but still using up space on my server.  I don't know how to locate and delete them en masse.   

That is not a simple task because plugin and theme developers use various locations to store stuff outside of the standard coppermine guidelines. Not too hard with images but would require an extensive script. If people delete using coppermine rather than ftp then there should not be the need unless you are hacked.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.