Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cpg1.5.x_plugin_flf-histotag_v1.9  (Read 4389 times)

EstebanDime

• Coppermine newbie
cpg1.5.x_plugin_flf-histotag_v1.9
« on: May 30, 2013, 04:27:26 pm »

Hi,

Do you admins know if you could add the features found in the plugin: cpg1.5.x_plugin_flf-histotag_v1.9 to the next build?  The plugin no longer works because of changes in how the Google Maps API is accessed.

I contacted the original developer and he no longer has the ability to make changes to the plugin.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: cpg1.5.x_plugin_flf-histotag_v1.9
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 04:54:31 pm »

All plugins are usually maintained by their authors. Did he state why he could no longer help? What changes are there in the Google API that are preventing the plugin from working?

In general we do not incorporate plugins to the core. Some plugins we may consider adding to the 1.6.x release in one way or another but that is a long way off and all the features have yet to be decided.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

EstebanDime

• Coppermine newbie
Re: cpg1.5.x_plugin_flf-histotag_v1.9
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 06:02:43 pm »

Hi Phill

I believe Google changed the javascript API related to Google Maps.  I know we had to change our javascript for a map feature we had on our website this past year because of this change.

As for the original developer, here is a response I got from him yesterday:

thanks for using my plugin... i wasn't aware it is still being used these days :)
I haven't done any programming with it for the last 2 years and i don't have a valid test environment up and running, where i could check your image.
I remember there have been some issues regarding permissions to directories that were a problem in the past. Maybe that's why the histogram could not have been created completely. You should check in the directories of your images if the histogram was saved correctly.

I'm really sorry I can't be of a bigger help at this point.

Cheers,
Florian

I emailed him back asking if he could update the plugin but did not hear back as of yet.  Will keep the forum in the loop.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.