Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing to WordPress  (Read 6613 times)

monstermovement

• Coppermine newbie
Installing to WordPress
« on: May 28, 2013, 08:05:22 pm »

Hello, I recently downloaded the newest version of Coppermine and uploaded it manually to my server, fatcow.com. I installed the entire thing under wp-content in plugins. I'm still unable to access this via WordPress. I assume that I've installed the program incorrectly altogether.

I've never used Coppermine before so I'm not entirely too sure how to operate it.

1). If I've installed this incorrectly, where in my server should I install it? What should the file name be?
2). How do I operate Coppermine via WordPress?
3). If I'm unable to operate via WordPress, how do I make the Coppermine program show up on a WordPress page? How do I manage the program outside of WordPress?

Thanks

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Installing to WordPress
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 10:31:08 am »

First of all, Coppermine is no Wordpress plugin, at least that's no official feature. If a third-party provides that feature, please ask them for support.

Regarding your third question I suggest to read at least our docs how to install and administrate Coppermine.

how do I make the Coppermine program show up on a WordPress page?
I don't know how Wordpress works and what exactly you can add to a page, but you're probably interested in this thread.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 11:07:56 am »

There are a few wordpress extensions available. A quick Google comes up with quite a few items but I have never tested any.

Things such as this - http://wordpress.org/tags/coppermine

Or this - http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-cpg-widget/

But they may or may not work with CPG1.5

I do think bridges for CMS systems would be a good thing for the Coppermine project. We have user contributions for a working Joomla bridge and IIRC there are a couple of others. Currently as far as I am aware there are no Wordpress bridges available.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

nowordneeded

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 08:53:39 pm »

Hello, I recently downloaded the newest version of Coppermine and uploaded it manually to my server, fatcow.com. I installed the entire thing under wp-content in plugins. I'm still unable to access this via WordPress. I assume that I've installed the program incorrectly altogether.

I've never used Coppermine before so I'm not entirely too sure how to operate it.

1). If I've installed this incorrectly, where in my server should I install it? What should the file name be?
2). How do I operate Coppermine via WordPress?
3). If I'm unable to operate via WordPress, how do I make the Coppermine program show up on a WordPress page? How do I manage the program outside of WordPress?

Thanks

Are you trying to install the WP/Coppermine plugin to display images in a sidebar? If so, I can help you on whatever issue you're having. I have it running on all my WP sites and displaying correctly.
Sometimes my musings are too confusing for someone not inside my head.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.