Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clicking a thumbnail - zooming without a popup?  (Read 2875 times)

creativename

• Coppermine newbie
Clicking a thumbnail - zooming without a popup?
« on: May 14, 2013, 09:50:06 pm »

I just upgraded my Coppermine (from I think 1.4.21) to the latest version.

In the old version, whenever you clicked a thumbnail within an album, it would zoom into the full image.

However, after upgrading, clicking the thumbnail would lead to a login screen. So I went to config and looked at what option might control this. Is the setting "Thumbnail view">"Go directly from thumbnail to full-sized image" the option I am looking for? Because after enabling that, clicking the thumbnail would lead to the full image, but as a popup.

I don't want the full image to be displayed as a popup - I'd like the old functionality where clicking the thumbnail would lead to another page where the full image was displayed (or come to think of it, I think it was one of those blown-up image screens, where the new image is shown over the current page without going to a separate page, and the background becomes greyed out - I can't remember the term for this).

I've used the forum search and not found anything on this (I searched for 'popup', maybe not the right search term?). Is it possible to have the old functionality - where there are no popups? Where clicking a thumbnail didn't lead to a popup?

creativename

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Clicking a thumbnail - zooming without a popup?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 09:57:23 pm »

Actually it seems that you still need to be logged in to even get the popup screen. I couldn't find any option that allows guests to view the full image. What option controls this?

And sorry for the stupid question, but - how do I edit my post? This manual page says to click the "paper and pencil" icon, but I don't see the icon. Perhaps I'm just blind :(

creativename

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 10:01:29 pm »

Actually never mind the last question, I found the setting under "User settings" > "Allow unlogged users (guest or anonymous) access" > "Yes: thumbnail, intermediate, and full-size image".

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 11:20:01 am »

Editing has been disabled because of frequent abuse in the past.

As you already found out how to set the permissions, is this topic solved? Vanilla Coppermine never had a "zoom" feature. However, there are plugins like EnlargeIt! that change the Coppermine front-end and also contain a "zoom" feature.

creativename

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 01:47:08 am »

Thank you, I will look into the plugins :) You can close this topic.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 09:10:23 am »

You can close this topic.

In our board the thread starters do it themselves:
you can tag your thread as "solved" by clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.