Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: set browse folder per user  (Read 7760 times)

BruceS

• Coppermine newbie
set browse folder per user
« on: April 15, 2013, 02:11:39 am »

I searched but couldn't find similar.

May I suggest each user have a changeable 'address' in their profile that can be set to enable the program to go to that users chosen folder when browsing to select file/s to upload?
The program could check each users setting before opening the 'browse' window.

It appears it's fixed at present to "My Pictures"?

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
Re: set browse folder per user
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 08:55:06 am »

Mine defaults to "My documents" perhaps it's different with the various OS's.  Must admit I've not tested this theory.   

I personally would be happy if it just remembered what folder you last visited (per session), so you don't have to keep navigating to the desired folder each time you upload a image.  I like your idea though. ;)
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 09:18:53 am »

As far as I know that's an operating system feature which cannot be changed by web applications.

I personally would be happy if it just remembered what folder you last visited (per session)
This is how it works for me on Windows for every "select file" dialog.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
Re: Re: set browse folder per user
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 09:26:48 am »

As far as I know that's an operating system feature which cannot be changed by web applications.
This is how it works for me on Windows.

Actually that's what I thought Andre.  ??? But for some reason, if I navigate to a folder, upload a picture, then go browse again it defaults back to my documents, so I have to navigate to the folder I last used again.  This is on my testsite, the one you're registered with.  I'll have to check my main site and see if that's the same.
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 10:13:38 am »

Seems to work just for the simple upload form. The flash uploader always defaults to my desktop.

BruceS

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 05:16:38 am »

So it shouldn't be too hard to allow each user to set their default "picture folder" & then as the 'browse to' is used it check that signed in user's default picture folder & open it.
It has to be serverside........ cookie or as above. Computer side wouldn't do. (IMO)
Maybe a mod?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 09:16:54 am »

Either we're talking about different things or you haven't read the above posts. What do you mean with "default picture folder"? Do you want to pre-select an album at the album select drop-down box? Or do you talk about a folder on the client computer?

Maybe a mod?
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,15866.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.