Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keywords when batch uploading  (Read 9361 times)

pols1337

• Coppermine frequent poster
Keywords when batch uploading
« on: March 11, 2013, 08:56:19 pm »

Another brilliant, brilliant idea of mine for next version of Coppermine! 

During the batch uploading process (not afterwards when editing the individual files), you should allow the ability to apply the same keywords and descriptions to ALL images in that particular batch upload.  It would save soooo much time and it would make sense to apply them there.

I'm thinking of another screen immediately AFTER batch uploading but BEFORE editing individual files.  The screen could be very similar to the "Keywords Add" plugin, except the album would already be selected. 

Also, you should allow admins to enable or disable this screen. 

Just a thought to help owners of large galleries  ;) 

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Keywords when batch uploading
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 09:23:33 am »

Note: if you or anybody else need that feature immediately, you can always use IPTC data to automatically assign keywords.

During the batch uploading process
I assume you're talking about the batch upload feature for regular user as well as the admin-only batch-add feature. At least we should add it to all available upload methods IMHO.

I'm thinking of another screen immediately AFTER batch uploading but BEFORE editing individual files.  The screen could be very similar to the "Keywords Add" plugin, except the album would already be selected. 
I don't like the idea to introduce an additional form. Instead, we should either integrate that feature into the existing form or add some fields to the initial upload page, where you select the album and files for upload. I prefer the first option, as it can also be used for existing files.

you should allow admins to enable or disable this screen. 
Obsolete if we just extend the existing edit files form.

pols1337

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 11:53:39 am »

/totally agree

;)

pols1337

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 07:42:30 am »

I was thinking about this some more. 

Not all people want batch capabilities, so you'll need to ask the uploader (whether a regular user or administrator) if they want 'batch' or 'individual' editing.  If it's batch, then additional fields appear that allow you to add the same keywords, title, description, etc.  Once the upload is complete, it skips directly to modifyalbum.php.  If it's individual, those additional fields stay hidden and, once the upload is complete it goes to the regular editfiles.php

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 01:41:44 pm »

you'll need to ask the uploader (whether a regular user or administrator) if they want 'batch' [..] then additional fields appear that allow you to add the same keywords, title, description, etc
Agreed.

Once the upload is complete, it skips directly to modifyalbum.php.
That could be added as an option to the above batch fields, as some people may still want to edit some meta data immediately after the upload.

serviceplus

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 02:21:19 pm »

As I was just asking about this I would like to bring this topic up (don't want to open another thread for the same topic). Please consider adding this to coppermine. I think it would be really useful.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 03:32:24 pm »

People who need that feature urgently should take a look at this: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,77193.msg373248.html#msg373248

Please post any support requests regarding the mod to the other thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.