Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have no idea if it's possible but....  (Read 4605 times)

Proud

• Coppermine newbie
I have no idea if it's possible but....
« on: August 12, 2004, 01:38:48 am »

I am wanting to have different backgrounds for each page of an album, is that possible and if so how would I do it?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: I have no idea if it's possible but....
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 05:43:55 am »

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you want random background images for the whole page, or just the table cell the pic is in? Please post a screenshot and highlight the stuff you want changed and what should trigger the change. If you want a defined background X for album Y, you will have to mess with the database, I don't recommend doing that.

GauGau

Proud

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 06:21:10 am »

Ok well basically I have a website that is mainly pictures, and using a gallery would be much easier than doing it manually (so I've been told).  Here are some links to a couple of the individual pages I've done manually, basically I want to know if I can do the same thing with the gifs and the backgrounds with this or any gallery.

http://proud.disciplesofwrestling.ca/ECCW1.htm

http://proud.disciplesofwrestling.ca/ECCW2.htm

http://proud.disciplesofwrestling.ca/ECCW5.htm

I hope that helps to explain it a bit better, and hopefully there is a way to customize the gallery this much.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 06:32:03 am »

you could add a small script that rotates the background image (wallpaper) on a random basis. The feature you're requesting is not built-into coppermine. I know this is a matter of taste, but don't you think the wallpaper backgrounds distract the visitor's attention from the pics that should have the full attention. I suggest you go to the demo page and play with the theme dropdown to get an idea what is possible with coppermine themes.

GauGau

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 11:21:14 am »

you could also use the hack on this thread, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=3138.0, to display a different theme for each album or category.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Proud

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 07:03:25 am »

I would like to thank you both for your help.  I am relatively new to coding and such so helpful patience is always appreciated.  I went to the thread you suggested Casper and I'm going to try to apply it, I'm assuming like everything else if you just take it one step at a time it's not nearly as scary looking and I'm hoping like the other coding I've done it isn't nearly as difficult one step at a time either.

GauGau I've come to the conclusion that you are likely right about the backgrounds and so I'm just going to try to display a different theme for each album and see how that works.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 12:52:27 pm »

I'm assuming like everything else if you just take it one step at a time it's not nearly as scary looking and I'm hoping like the other coding I've done it isn't nearly as difficult one step at a time either

That's the way to do it.  Just remember to back up each stage, so you can always go back when it goes wrong.
One thing to note on this different themes for different cats/albums hack, is that the meat albums, including search albums, use the default theme.  So if it is important that users don't see a pic in the default theme, turn off the meta albums.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.