Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User access vs password protection  (Read 5330 times)

joombler

• Coppermine novice
User access vs password protection
« on: February 18, 2013, 07:44:10 pm »

Obvious the logic of this solution makes more users raise questions here J-)
As an admin I created an album and put some photos in it. Now I want to make this album public with a password protection. So not the admin password but just a password that goes with that specific album which public users/guests can access and view.
Now when I added the password, I get this weird explanation that if I add a password, the album is only accessible by me only. That doesn't make sense as you should be able to create an album in a certain category as a certain user and secure it with a password so that visitors only can access it with that certain password. Can someone help me out on this one?
thanks, Jmblr

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: User access vs password protection
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 07:55:31 pm »

http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/albums.htm#album_prop_controls_album_can_be_viewed_by

If you have specified a password in the field "Album password", the dropdown list "Album can be viewed by" will be set to "Me only". That is expected behaviour and is perfectly fine if you want password-protection enabled. In other words: if you specify an album password, you can not restrict access further.

This just means you are the only one with access to the album without the password.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

joombler

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 08:45:11 pm »

Thanks, but how should I solve my case:
- create an album
- upload images into the album
-...- create security on the album so that every visitor that know the password (not the registered user account password) can view this album.

regards, Jmblr

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 08:56:42 pm »

You would do exactly that, as long as that registered user has the ability to create albums and upload.

The user that created the album and admins will be able to see it without a password.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.