Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guests Photos  (Read 5990 times)

BobN

• Coppermine newbie
Guests Photos
« on: January 29, 2013, 07:29:39 pm »

i would like to have guests be able to upload photos that need to be approved to one album, its a photo contest. I cannot find where to do this

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Guests Photos
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 08:32:56 pm »

First go to the groups control panel and set the required permissions and limits there for the guests group. - http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/groups.htm#group_cp

Then open the album you need guests to be able to upload to and set "Visitors can upload" to "Yes"

And that should be it.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 09:51:53 am »

Note that there's an issue with guests uploads in cpg1.5.22 (the albums won't display properly in the album drop-down box). You can fix it manually as described here.

BobN

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Guests Photos
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 03:03:47 pm »

Note that there's an issue with guests uploads in cpg1.5.22 (the albums won't display properly in the album drop-down box). You can fix it manually as described here.

Thank you that worked however I have another question. I am trying to have a photo contest that is easy for users thats why I dont want to require registration. That being said I would like to require them to include an email and a description of their image. Is this possible?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 07:07:09 pm »

If you allow guests to upload files to your gallery, they won't be able to add file details. This feature has been disabled as it's not possible to identify the user without fail (see thread). Additionally it may attract spammers to add textual content to your gallery. If you want to enable that feature anyway, find Coppermine's configuration table in the database and change the value of allow_guests_enter_file_details to '1'.

BobN

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Guests Photos
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 07:19:53 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.