Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal Error  (Read 6696 times)

concertkatie

• Coppermine newbie
Fatal Error
« on: January 25, 2013, 12:58:34 am »

I am upgrading from 1.4.x to 1.5.20.  I was previously getting debug errors and when I searched for why it was apparently because I didn't have the most updated version.  I've followed the Upgrading instructions but after running the update.php and getting OKs and Already Done it sent me to my page which says "Fatal Error:" and nothing more specific than that.

If someone could walk me through perhaps how to get it to show a little more information on what the error specifically is and/or fix it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

(site in question is http://www.concertkatie.com/gallery)

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: Fatal Error
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 01:19:47 am »

Please turn on debug mode manually in your database using a tool like phpmyadmin.
http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/errors.htm#errors_debug_mode_manual

Also you should be upgrading to 1.5.22 not 1.5.20
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

concertkatie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 05:31:37 am »

Oops. I am upgrading to 1.5.22, just typed it wrong.

I have enabled debug mode and am now getting the following:

"While executing query 'SELECT MAX(group_quota) AS disk_max, MIN(group_quota) AS disk_min, MAX(can_rate_pictures) AS can_rate_pictures, MAX(can_send_ecards) AS can_send_ecards, MAX(can_post_comments) AS can_post_comments, MAX(can_upload_pictures) AS can_upload_pictures, MAX(can_create_albums) AS can_create_albums, MAX(has_admin_access) AS has_admin_access, MAX(access_level) AS access_level, MIN(pub_upl_need_approval) AS pub_upl_need_approval, MIN( priv_upl_need_approval) AS  priv_upl_need_approval FROM cpg1416_usergroups WHERE group_id in (3)' in bridge/udb_base.inc.php on line 323

mySQL error: Unknown column 'access_level' in 'field list'"

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 05:38:30 am »

add the column access_level to the table cpg1416_usergroups

Use Google for specifics on how to add a column for your database management software (phpmyadmin most likely)
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 10:23:35 am »

We already had some of those reports. In most (all?) cases the database user hasn't permissions to use the ALTER command, thus failing to update the table structure. Please have a look at this thread.

concertkatie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 11:46:06 pm »

Thanks - from the other thread I manually copied everything from the update.sql in through PHPMyAdmin and that brought the gallery "back", but there still seem to be a few quirks. (I also had the host give me ALTER privileges)

When I go to log in, I can type in my username and password, but the button to "OK" the login, is blank.

Once I am logged in, all the admin buttons such as Config, Categories, Albums, etc are all HUGE and on top of each other, they used to be side by side.

When I go in to Config and select "Expand All" I can see the text boxes with what I filled in, but what they are labeled is missing.

I took a couple of screen caps in case my descriptions aren't that great:
http://tinypic.com/r/33y0xoh/6

http://tinypic.com/r/atwtb7/6

I am not sure if I screwed something up in the update or if a file mistakenly didn't get uploaded or what. Any ideas appreciated.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 09:45:27 am »

Please read the upgrade docs carefully. You either need to upgrade your theme or use one which is alreday compatible with cpg1.5.x.

I manually copied everything from the update.sql in through PHPMyAdmin

Well, with the ALTER privilege the update.php file should also work as expected (the debug parameter should tell you what's/has been wrong). Please run update.php again, as it also performs some other things than just updating the database.

concertkatie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 05:22:41 pm »

The admin button issue goes away when I use 1.5.x themes, but the missing text does not for any theme. 

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 09:41:48 am »

10. One question per thread
We have a strict "One question/issue per thread rule", which helps both supporters/moderators to keep track of open/closed issues as well as users who search the board or browse it, looking for answers to their question.

Additionally, please
tag your answer as "solved" by clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.