Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine users not consistent with phpBB board users.  (Read 10550 times)

Absinthe_Minded

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine users not consistent with phpBB board users.
« on: January 19, 2013, 11:31:36 pm »

Hello all,

Test site: http://www.pactforautism.org.uk/pecs
Test User: the_inbetweener
Test User Password: testuser

The bridge manager is set to bridge phpBB 3 with CPG 1.5.x

I have 25 users registered on my board (it's a new board), I have a 'Who is Online' plugin installed on the gallery, it states that there are 77 users, and somebody else has just registered, making that 78. If I click on the new user's username, then to 'edit user', I get redirected to the memberlist in phpBB, but that member isn't listed.

So, it looks like I have loads of members registering that I can't administer.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks,
Nick.

Absinthe_Minded

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Coppermine users not consistent with phpBB board users.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 11:48:18 pm »

To add to the above.

I've just logged into the admin page of the board and I see the latest user there. The user is currently inactive, since I (admin), approve users manually. This is fine as I can decide whether or not to activate the account, but what about all the other extra users?

Thanks,
Nick.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 01:19:55 pm »

Please have a look at both user tables of Coppermine and phpBB with a tool like phpMyAdmin. You shouldn't find new users in Coppermine's user table as all new users register directly in your board (maybe there are some old users before you bridged your gallery). I assume you'll find all users in the phpBB user table (currently ~80), but phpBB counts just approved users or something like that (I don't know phpBB).

Absinthe_Minded

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 01:55:27 pm »

Hello Αndré,

Many thanks.

I looked at the tables and I think you've pointed me in the right direction to resolve this.

You're quite right - phpBB has around 80 users, but the majority are bots and crawlers, Coppermine has only 2 users; me and "guest".

So, I guess that phpBB lists the number of users in the phpBB table, excluding bots (real people) in it's stats, whereas the plugin running on Coppermine lists all users in the phpBB table. That's why there's an inconsistency between the two.

I'm no expert, so let me know if you agree.

Thanks for your time, it's good to know that I don't have loads of spammers registering that I don't know about!
Nick.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 02:00:35 pm »

So the bots and crawlers registered themselves in your board/gallery? As I said I don't know how exactly phpBB works.

Absinthe_Minded

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 02:04:02 pm »

No, the bots and crawlers registered themselves in the forum (phpBB), but that's OK.

phpBB disccounts them in it's stats, i.e. "There are x registered members", but the Coppermine plugin doesn't (so it reports ALL users).

Cheers,
Nick.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 02:18:48 pm »

If you find out how exactly phpBB discounts them, we're probably able to do the same for the plugin (if necessary).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.