Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing URL of gallery folder  (Read 3712 times)

Jeys

• Coppermine newbie
Changing URL of gallery folder
« on: January 13, 2013, 12:10:20 pm »

Hello!

So, as the title says, I'd like to change the URL of the gallery folder but since I don't mess up something I'd like to ask how to do it here. So, the current url is www.gallery.mydomain.com and I'd like to be www.mydomain.com/gallery. I suppose simply changing the URL from the configuration won't do the trick, right? At least, awhile back, I tried to do that with a Word Press blog and I think it messed it up or something. So, how can I properly without causing any problems at the gallery (since I'm having quite the data stored) move it from gallery.mydomain.com to mydomain.com/gallery?

Thanks in advance!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Changing URL of gallery folder
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 07:19:15 pm »

Please have a look at your domain configuration. As you posted no real URLs, we cannot check if the gallery is already accessible via www.mydomain.com/gallery. So it's maybe not necessary to change any DNS values.

Jeys

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 07:29:28 pm »

Well, I tried just chaning the URL as in where is says URL of your Coppermine gallery folder (with a trailing slash, no 'index.php' or similar at the end) but it says it is an invalid specified address so it doesn't change it. So, technically this is the website http://gallery.tombraiderpassion.com/ and I'd like to change it to tombraiderpassion.com/gallery.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 09:08:10 pm »

Good news: you don't need to change DNS settings, as we already can access the gallery at http://tombraiderpassion.com/gallery/ - this is also the value you need to enter at the Coppermine settings. Finally, you should add a redirect rule for your old URL.

Jeys

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 06:59:48 pm »

Ah, I am relieved!  ;D Thank you alot for the time!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.