Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch add issues with Drop Down Menu  (Read 3777 times)

cdawg

• Coppermine novice
Batch add issues with Drop Down Menu
« on: January 13, 2013, 11:10:23 pm »

I see that part of the new upgrade included a "Optical improvement of dropdown box at batch-add interface" - I have upgraded almost all of mine, and it seems to have created an error in the batch add. 

I've got two sites with the same category layout - "Show Name", "Season Number", then "Season Screencaps" and "Season Stills" (Kaitlyn Config is 1.5.20 and Sutton Config is 1.5.22)

Now, when I go to batch into something in the 'Season Screencaps" on the 1.5.22, I've lost the description of the categories its nested in, so I really have no idea what sub-category its being added in (Kaitlyn Batch add vs Sutton Batch add)

Is there a way to get that back?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Batch add issues with Drop Down Menu
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 02:01:58 pm »

You want to display the whole category path instead of just the albums' parent category name, correct?

If so, open include/functions.inc.php, find
Code: [Select]
$options .= '<optgroup label="' . $indent . $row['name'] . '">' . $LINEBREAK;and replace with
Code: [Select]
            $elements = array();
            foreach ($cats as $cat) {
                $elements[] = $cat['name'];
            }
            $options .= '<optgroup label="' . $indent . implode(' - ', $elements) . '">' . $LINEBREAK;

I decided to remove the category hierarchy, as it took a lot of unnecessary space when having nested categories with long titles with just a few albums in each. Of course when you have a lot of albums (especially with the same name) in your categories you probably have to search and scroll to which parent category the current album/category belongs to.

As it doesn't seem to be possible to find a solution which fits all needs, this should maybe be configurable? Or does anybody has an idea how to solve this for all possibilities?

cdawg

• Coppermine novice
Re: Batch add issues with Drop Down Menu
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 08:15:49 pm »

Thanks - a lot of my galleries have big numbers of albums so I've been getting a little lost in batch adding. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 20 queries.