Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to search EXIF data?  (Read 3406 times)

TerraNaut

• Coppermine newbie
    • TerraNaut
How to search EXIF data?
« on: January 05, 2013, 08:24:56 pm »

I'm looking for a way (a mod/hack?) to make the EXIF searchable in Coppermines search-routine. As far as I can see, Coppermine can read both IPTC and EXIF correctly, but if you want to search for some of the settings in EXIF (ie. exposure time) it's not a possibility.

Example for a photo which shows correct reading of EXIF and IPTC can be seen here: http://www.terranaut.dk/billeder/displayimage.php?pid=48291

/Rasmus

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: How to search EXIF data?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 11:33:36 am »

Do you need the ability to select the EXIF field(s) you want to search include to the search or is it sufficient to search in the entire EXIF data?

TerraNaut

• Coppermine newbie
    • TerraNaut
Re: Re: How to search EXIF data?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 12:57:11 pm »

Do you need the ability to select the EXIF field(s) you want to search include to the search or is it sufficient to search in the entire EXIF data?
The 'whoop-as' solution is of course to be able to select which EXIF fields you want to search. A bit the same way you now can select which EXIF fields that are shown under the photo. I.e. if you only want to search for the photos with a high shutterspeed, you are not interesested in all the other matches which don't concern the shutterspeed but have the same text-string. :-)

But that in mind, I'll be almost as happy if I just can make a search in the EXIFs regardles of the specific EXIF fields.

Again, my problem is that I just want to incorporate the EXIF fields to Coppermines Search-routine, so the common visitor can search in the fields that they actually can see.

/Rasmus
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.