Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to search EXIF data?  (Read 3407 times)

TerraNaut

• Coppermine newbie
    • TerraNaut
How to search EXIF data?
« on: January 05, 2013, 08:24:56 pm »

I'm looking for a way (a mod/hack?) to make the EXIF searchable in Coppermines search-routine. As far as I can see, Coppermine can read both IPTC and EXIF correctly, but if you want to search for some of the settings in EXIF (ie. exposure time) it's not a possibility.

Example for a photo which shows correct reading of EXIF and IPTC can be seen here: http://www.terranaut.dk/billeder/displayimage.php?pid=48291

/Rasmus

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: How to search EXIF data?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 11:33:36 am »

Do you need the ability to select the EXIF field(s) you want to search include to the search or is it sufficient to search in the entire EXIF data?

TerraNaut

• Coppermine newbie
    • TerraNaut
Re: Re: How to search EXIF data?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 12:57:11 pm »

Do you need the ability to select the EXIF field(s) you want to search include to the search or is it sufficient to search in the entire EXIF data?
The 'whoop-as' solution is of course to be able to select which EXIF fields you want to search. A bit the same way you now can select which EXIF fields that are shown under the photo. I.e. if you only want to search for the photos with a high shutterspeed, you are not interesested in all the other matches which don't concern the shutterspeed but have the same text-string. :-)

But that in mind, I'll be almost as happy if I just can make a search in the EXIFs regardles of the specific EXIF fields.

Again, my problem is that I just want to incorporate the EXIF fields to Coppermines Search-routine, so the common visitor can search in the fields that they actually can see.

/Rasmus
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.