Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Popup window "Insert from list" contains a large table inside a smaller one  (Read 3868 times)

Leonard Will

• Coppermine novice

The "Insert from list" window works fine, but the keywords appear to be displayed in a scrolling area which has a slightly greater height than the area within which it is contained. This outer area includes the heading "Select a keyword". This means that there are two scrollbars - the outer one needs to be used to display the bottom end of the inner one, which is inconvenient.

It would seem better to increase the size of the outer box or reduce the size of the inner box, but I cannot find where these heights are specified. If someone can tell me where they are, can I change them or would this have undesirable consequences elsewhere?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

Works for me as expected with the default curve theme. Please post a link to your gallery.

Leonard Will

• Coppermine novice

The gallery is at http://www.enfieldsociety.org.uk/photographs (but can you see the "Insert from list" popup box without admin access? Have you a backdoor that lets you bypass this?)
When you say that it works "as expected" does this still mean that you see two scrolling windows, one within the other. I would like to get rid of one of the scroll bars by making the inner window fit completely within the outer one.

Thanks.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

Have you a backdoor that lets you bypass this?
No, but I can see that you're using a theme that has initially designed for cpg1.4.x and maybe hasn't been upgraded completely or at all.

When you say that it works "as expected" does this still mean that you see two scrolling windows, one within the other.
Of course the expected behavior is just one scroll bar ;) You can check that yourself with the curve theme: http://www.enfieldsociety.org.uk/photographs/?theme=curve

To switch back to your default theme use this link: http://www.enfieldsociety.org.uk/photographs/?theme=xxx

Leonard Will

• Coppermine novice

Thanks for these pointers to the source of the problem, which is clearly greater than the one symptom which I noticed. I see that I have quite a lot of work to do to update our custom theme to the 1.5.20  version.  :(

Leonard Will

• Coppermine novice

In case anyone is interested, I finally got back to investigating and solving this problem. The inner box was too large because it is determined by the font size and the number of entries. The number of entries is the value of "size" in keyword_select.php and has the default value of 20. The font size is given in the style .listbox in style.css. Reducing either of these can remove the second scrollbar.

I decided not to change either of these but instead changed the height of the outer "grey box" given in scripts.js from the default value of 470 to 620. Everything now displays as it should. The pop-up box for help messages is now larger too, but this is an advantage rather than a problem.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

Thanks for resolving your thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.