Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help!New to Coppermine  (Read 4086 times)

chocolatemilk

• Coppermine newbie
Help!New to Coppermine
« on: July 02, 2004, 09:57:48 pm »

Hi :) I didn't know where to post this as i'm new here.i'm really interested in having a gallery but i have no idea what to do.Do you just download the one you want to pick,then upload it all somewhere?If so,can you tell me where?
Also does it cost anything? :) Sorry for all the q's i just have no idea what to do,really hope you can help me. :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Help!New to Coppermine
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 10:52:54 am »

chocolatemilk

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 04:20:44 pm »

Thanks a lot. :)

marian

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • BYM Photo Gallery
Bit of advice ChocolateMilk
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 09:36:42 pm »

We seem to have something in common - not knowing much ;) - so I'll give you my pennorth.

Dont bother looking further for a gallery, Coppermine is very easy for a beginner to get going. I also think its pretty unbeatable in terms of speed, quality, etc.

My webhost offers Fantastico for installations, so if yours does that will be a snip. Mine was so quick I could scarcely believe it had happened!

Good luck.

chocolatemilk

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 03:14:48 pm »

Aww thanks very much for that Marian  :) that's excellant :-* i've got hundreds and hundreds of pictures,is there plenty of space? :)
Also if it's not too much trouble,could u tell me if it costs anything,if so how much?As i'm short on money right now.
I don't know where ti upload it to,could u tell me what you did if possible :) don't worry if u can't. :)
Hope u don't mind all the q's. :)

marian

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • BYM Photo Gallery
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 03:47:11 pm »

Aww thanks very much for that Marian  :) that's excellant :-* i've got hundreds and hundreds of pictures,is there plenty of space? :)
Also if it's not too much trouble,could u tell me if it costs anything,if so how much?As i'm short on money right now.
I don't know where ti upload it to,could u tell me what you did if possible :) don't worry if u can't. :)
Hope u don't mind all the q's. :)
I seem to have confused you! What I was trying to say was that, as a beginner, you would find it useful to have your web site hosted with a company that offers automatic intallations using Fantastico. The one I'm with is www.hostito.com   Their packages start at $7.95 per month, for which you would get Web hosting plus e-mail, including free setup plus a free domain name if you dont have one already!
Once you have your site on a site which offers Fantastico, you simply click on "Install Coppermine" and the installation is done automatically. Then you can upload thousands & thousands of pics.
Hope that explains things better.
Cheers Marian
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.