Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seeking Dev/Admin Team Member to work on PHP-Based Anti-Spam CPG Compatibility  (Read 3167 times)

Brooklyn

• Coppermine novice

I am an administrator of a community who currently provide support for free software that's both safety/security minded and offers top-notch anti-spam capabilities. This software is distributed and licensed under the GNU/GPL Version 2 License and is open source, though privately maintained. The software utilizes various third-party databases, as well as its own series of reference files that check a slew of documented spammers, malicious websites, and far too much more to post over this initial introduction and solicitation message.

The reason for this post is, the software is wholly compatible with the most popular php-based forum and blog software in use today, such as SMF, phpBB, vBulletin, MyBB, Word Press and so many more, again, the list too lengthy to post at this time. The software will all but completely eliminate almost all spam and spam attempts to your domain, provided the applications you're using are php based with a database back end and are hosted on a "normal" non-restrictive server. The software will also prevent against most malicious connections including but not limited to hacking, SQL injection, brute force attempts and more. It will also run with whatever add-on apps you may have running. It's NOT however fully compatible with Coppermine, and this is why I'm back here.

A few notes regarding the software: with the exception of a single line of code in ONE file, no other CPG files need editing. This software is "hooked" (while a later version that includes standardized plugin is being developed) by a single string of code that's implemented in the best possible location which offers the highest level of protection. The problem I am having is finding the right file in which to hook this software which doesn't then cause errors for CPG users.

This is NOT a plugin. This is NOT a CPG add-on. This is NOT CPG specific. This is software-independent security and anti-spam that comes packaged with its own installer and changes NO files on your server until you manually insert the auto-generated hook into the (single) proper file.

If you run a gallery and allow comments, I have the best available anti-spam software available, but need your help in identifying the most practical file in which to hook. At the moment, I have "\homedir\public_html\gallery\include\init.inc.php" hooked which works (to a point) and offers security and anti-spam levels that are too high and incompatible with most uploading functions. The temporary solution is to unhook, upload, rehook and go about life, but this isn't practical in real world production environments where images are uploaded in real time by members as well as other admins, etc.

If you would care to work with me on this project, where your job would simply be identifying the best possible location for the hook, or modifying some core function that allows the hook unabated, please contact me privately. Preferably at my former username/email address here.

The reason I have not mentioned the name of the software nor offered a link is because at this time, the software is not fully compatible with CPG. But it far exceeds anything CPG currently employs, including, but not limited to any and every add-on used as well as Akismet that offers either anti-spam protection or security protection. Again, this is a very powerful, very flexible, 100% customizable and very feature rich program that is 100% free of charge and available to all. If you would like more information, please contact me directly and privately.

Please... Dev Team or Administrator level only (Phil, Jeff, Andre, etc).

Thanks and hope to hear back.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

If you run a gallery and allow comments, I have the best available anti-spam software available, but need your help in identifying the most practical file in which to hook. At the moment, I have "\homedir\public_html\gallery\include\init.inc.php" hooked which works (to a point) and offers security and anti-spam levels that are too high and incompatible with most uploading functions.

So you're currently looking for the best hook location for comment writing? If so, you should look at db_input.php and find
Code: [Select]
case 'comment':
Not sure how exactly your software works and if it will run inside that code block.

Brooklyn

• Coppermine novice

No, that will not work, and I requested that this be handled privately, which has gone ignored.

Since I know Phil has read this, and you have read this, and neither has contacted me privately, and I have zero interest in speaking to or communicating with JM, that leaves only Jeff who I'd have been willing to work with, but instead I'm going to withdraw this request and refrain from including Coppermine in the list of compatible software and be on my way. And when folks continue to request Coppermine inclusion, I'll now simply point to this thread as opposed to offer "we're working on it".

Too bad. You don't know what you just lost. And your entire community will suffer for it. It's almost impossible to deal with you people. Absolutely nothing has changed here over the years. What a shame. When will you guys learn.

To the CPG community, I apologize for what seems to be dangling a carrot before you. That was not my intention, I assure you. My intention was genuine, honest and factual and I asked but one prerequisite; that this be handled privately until CPG compatibility could be attained, if at all possible, so as not to divulge the software itself and have you all try to install an incompatible application that would lead only to more message board posts for help. Unfortunately, however, this sole, small request couldn't -- or more appropriately, wouldn't -- be accommodated for reasons I need not, nor desire to delve into -- yet again.

As per "board rules", I shall mark my topic "solved".

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me

That seems a bit of a poor attitude mate. Andre made a suggestion, had it not been suitable then maybe you should have just said so instead of throwing your toys from the cot.

Yes, I had read your post but also have a day job and family for which I have been snowed under with all week on both fronts. Not that I need to justify anything.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

I agree with Phill, that your response was inappropriate. I don't see a reason why we should discuss such things privately, especially as you addressed multiple persons.

However, I don't get why you don't want to post the name or a link to your brilliant piece of software, so I'm curious if it exists at all?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.