Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice on themes going wrong  (Read 3134 times)

Swansea_Jack

• Coppermine novice
Advice on themes going wrong
« on: November 30, 2012, 11:17:39 am »

Hi guys,

Im looking for some advice if possible.  Ive been trying to create a theme to match my site but all im getting is a bare bones white page with no formatting at all.  I must add im a total novice and coppermine and php etc.  I've printed and followed the "creating a theme to match your overall site" with no luck.

my site is http://www.peter-burns.co.uk/pbphotography/index.html and Coppermine gallery is http://www.peter-burns.co.uk/pbphotography/coppermine/pbphotography/index.php?theme=pbphotography

the same thing happens if i try to use any theme.  Ive removed and reuploaded the whole coppermine folder, deleted and recreated the files from scratch several times. I can login to the site and upload small files ok if it helps.

Any advice would be fantastic, if you need any further info please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Swansea_Jack

• Coppermine novice
Re: Advice on themes going wrong
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 11:29:35 am »

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 11:53:34 am »

Please attach your whole theme as zip file. As far as I can see (at least) the path to the style.css files are wrong and even if I correct them, those files doesn't contain the required data.

Swansea_Jack

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 12:06:26 pm »

Oops that would help i guess - apologies and thanks for the reply.

ive included the original editied files as well

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 01:05:30 pm »

Obviously your style.css file is lacking a lot of important classes. Additionally, all references to your css files are wrong.

Find
Code: [Select]
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/screen_styles_gallery.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/screen_layout_large_gallery.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="only screen and (min-width:5px;) and (max-width:500px;)" href="css/screen_layout_small_gallery.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="only screen and (min-width:501px;) and (max-width:800px;)" href="css/screen_layout_medium_gallery.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../../css/coppermine.css"/>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../themes/pbphotography/style.css"/>
and replace with
Code: [Select]
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="themes/pbphotography/css/screen_styles_gallery.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="themes/pbphotography/css/screen_layout_large_gallery.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="only screen and (min-width:5px;) and (max-width:500px;)" href="themes/pbphotography/css/screen_layout_small_gallery.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="only screen and (min-width:501px;) and (max-width:800px;)" href="themes/pbphotography/css/screen_layout_medium_gallery.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/coppermine.css"/>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="themes/pbphotography/style.css"/>

Swansea_Jack

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 02:02:33 pm »

thank you Ill give that a go when im home later

The whole site is a work in progress though - i was just trying to work out whether the themes will work with it but at least ive got a starting point now.

:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.