Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Photo Replacer  (Read 3805 times)

nowordneeded

• Coppermine frequent poster
Batch Photo Replacer
« on: November 23, 2012, 08:10:11 am »

I'll use this gallery since it's the one I'm asking the question about.

Gal: http://keirdullea.org/gallery
Ver: Current stable 1.5.20

I'm asking whether this option is available in a plug-in or is there another way to replace images in a batch process? The reason I'd like to know this is I've had several CPG galleries set up for a long time now with several being dedicated to various actors and actresses. However, some have really bad quality screencaps I'd like to replace with higher resolution images but not have to lose my click count on the images that have already been viewed.

NWN
Sometimes my musings are too confusing for someone not inside my head.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Batch Photo Replacer
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 12:24:32 pm »

The only file replacement plugin available is this one - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,60499.0.html
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 02:10:36 pm »

Alternatively it may be possible to replace the files via FTP and then use the admin tools to update the related images. I'm currently not sure if the admin tools will also re-read the image dimensions.

nowordneeded

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 05:06:43 am »

Sorry I haven't answered your replies. I've had family issues to deal with.

I'm going to set up a test gallery and try the FTP and Admin Tools update so that I don't screw up my gallery as it stands. If this works I can use it on my other galleries.

Would you like me to report back on what I find?

NWN

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 08:22:13 am »

It is always good to get feedback to maybe help other users in the future.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

nowordneeded

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 08:34:52 am »

Okay, so I set up a test gallery @ http://testgallery.samskara.org with the current stable version of Coppermine @ 1.5.20 and here is what I found.

I uploaded the files of a film and created two albums, Test 01 and Test 02.

In the album Test 01 I uploaded the original files of poor quality screencaps from the film "The Chronicles of Riddick" and then used the Batch Add Files everything went well. I then wanted to replace them in a batch add format with higher quality screencaps from the same film and uploaded them with the same file names as the first @ THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK 0001. When I went to use the Batch Add feature, none of the boxes beside the new files were automatically checked. I went through and checked all the boxes beside the new files and then hit Continue, and they 'uploaded'. I then went to refresh the page and nothing happened. I then went to the Admin Tools and hit the pip to update everything, thumbs, full size and intermediate pictures. Nothing.

In the album Test 02 I uploaded the original files of lesser quality to this album. I used the Batch Add Files option and everything uploaded fine. I then had to rename the higher quality screencaps thusly: THE_CHRONICLES_OF_RIDDICK_0001 sequentially through to 0314. This was to make sure the file names corresponded to the files already in the album. The UNDERSCORE is important to fill the empty space between the words. Via FTP Filezilla (you can use whatever FTP program you prefer) I copied the files into the Test 02 album but had to make sure to click on the box that asks if you wish to replace the files in that folder. If not, nothing will happen. I then went to the Admin Tools and updated everything, thumbs, intermediate pictures and large pictures. The replacement worked. All files in Test 02 were of the higher quality images.

I hope that description was helpful. Any questions and I can try to explain it better.

NWN

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 09:24:55 am »

Since cpg1.5.x, Coppermine replaces a lot of characters that usually makes trouble. I.e. your spaces have been replaced with underscores during the initial upload process. That's why you need to adjust your source files names if you want to replace existing files (otherwise both, the poor and high quality pictures will exist on your server). Alternatively the file name character replacement feature can be disabled, but that neither recommended nor supported.

nowordneeded

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 11:03:59 am »

The poor and the HQ versions do exist in the Test 01 album on the FTP server. They don't exist in the Test 02 album. With using the Admin Tools to update the album it took care of that, plus using the same file name that already existed in the album. The original poor quality screencaps were of a resolution of 1363x768. The better quality ones are of a resolution of 1280x720 and they did update with the overwrite. That's the point of using the same file name structure as what is in the FTP album Test 02. Using the underscore worked.

NWN
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.